April 15, 2023

Compiling For Sale...

Kathy Schmitz Table Banners Set

I spent part of the day assembling sets from my vast collections of kits and patterns. This is a twelve pattern/fabric set of kits for sweet table mats. I've stitched all of these and they're ready to assemble into a seasonal quilt, so the ground fabric is missing from the kits, along with the small appliques (in color) for each one. If I were to do this set again, I'd plan to embroider or applique' the missing elements. 

I'm going through all my patterns, kits and fabrics, and pulling those things I know I'll never finish. I'll offer these for sale soon, and whatever isn't sold ahead of time will go with me to the Purge & Splurge event in June at Primitive Gatherings. I'm going to have some great deals!

Primitive Gatherings - Twilight Gatherings BOM 12 kits/Fabric

Case in point...These quilt blocks were all part of the Primitive Gatherings Wool Box subscription. I have all twelve kits, including wools for each block. I also purchased the flannel that is the ground fabric for each block, and another 4.75 yards to use for finishing.

When all twelve kits had been distributed through the Wool Boxes, anyone who wanted to complete the quilt to king size needed to purchase the kits and patterns for the large center block and vine-laden borders. I chose not to do that for a few reasons. Mainly, we no longer have a king size bed, and I decided not to spend the extra money for something that would have to hang on the wall when it was complete. I chose to stick with a finished size more conducive to either my farmhouse bed or the queen size one.

You can see the kit was dated 2018, and truthfully, I haven't gone back to it since stitching the first block (minus some wool circles) and setting up the second block. I've not determined that with light and dark dogs, as well as two cats who love to sleep on my bed, I'm going to offer this kit (at a nice discount) to someone who'd really enjoy making it.

I'm pulling and photographing more, and will plan to make everything available to my blog, Facebook and Instagram friends first. If you see anything you'd like, just shoot me an email and I can message you the prices, including shipping.

Today is craft day in Portage, so I really need to get rolling. Enjoy your weekend, and I'll tell you all about mine on Monday. Gotta run...

10 comments:

  1. Very nice offerings.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn. Now to get lots of photos and prepare listings. So much to do...
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. My goodness you're strong! I wouldn't be able to part with such things and would hang onto them until the day I die. You've reminded me of the fact that I need to purge my sewing room again but it's gotten to the point where most of what I have is really hard to part with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I keep looking at peaceful spaces on Instagram, and one thing they all have in common is "less" stuff and clutter. I'm working toward that.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful craft day.
    This is a difficult undertaking you are doing.
    I know too well and I had to be very honest with myself as I purged, if I
    wasn't I knew I would just be spinning my wheels. My shoulders were so
    much lighter when I finished.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      We sure had fun. You're right in that this is a difficult task. I'm trying to honestly assess what I'll really do and separate that from what I just like having around. I'll be glad when it's all done, for sure!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Purging is such a difficult job. You are wise to do some now. All of my things went to thrift stores or the dump when we moved five years ago. I am still sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      It's really the hardest for me! I just need to keep my head down and eyes on the prize. My life will be easier after I let it all go. I can't even imagine how hard that must have been for you!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. I really appreciate all of these ladies' comments. I'm on my third round of purging items this past year or so (sewing/craft room, as well as overall household) and trying to be painfully honest of how I will spend time (especially time with family/grandchildren). As stated above, I know my shoulders will feel lighter without holding onto things and projects that will never get accomplished. It's kind of encouraging to know others struggle with this process also.
    Keep up the good work, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      I'm inspired by your comment! I'm trying hard to be as honest with myself as I can. I really want more peaceful and restful spaces. It's nearly impossible while I'm surrounded by so much stuff!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna