April 30, 2021

Spot The Differences...

Brynwood Needleworks - Everlasting Bird Block Box 2
 
I took it easy yesterday. I had a few things to accomplish in the morning, and rode in the car with Handsome while he ran his errands. I was bushed when we got home, so I iced my knee again and fell asleep. I'm listening to my body and resting when I need to.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Everlasting Bird Block Box 2

I did start and complete another block from the "Everlasting" project. If you're new, these blocks were a series from Primitive Gatherings Wool Box subscription over a twelve month period. There are twenty four blocks total, designed by Lisa Bongean. They'll eventually be available to the public, but not right now.

As always, I add my own personal touches, placing the pattern cover next to my completed blocks so you can spot the differences. I think my modifications will be readily apparent on this one. Don't you?

More embroidery tomorrow. More resting tomorrow...and a little sitting at my machine for some long overdue gifts owed some of my blog friends. 

Thank you to everyone who left a beautiful, caring message for me on yesterday's post. I'll answer each one individually on the "reply" feature to your comment, so you can go back to see how grateful I am for your notes. Big hugs.

DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Your changes & added stitches look great.
    Don't overdo it!
    I am leaving today to go "puppysit" at my niece & nephews for the weekend while they go to Door County to open their camper for the season. Eeep!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks, hon. No worries. I'm spending lots of time with my leg up, and on ice.
      Squeee! It sounds like you'll have a great time. I'm sure your niece and nephews are very appreciative. (I hope they bring back a little souvenir for you.)
      Big Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I think this project is perfect for you right now - something that doesn't require a whole lot of physical effort but yet soothing to the soul. What do people do, I wonder, who don't have needlework to fill their hours. Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie:
      I'm really enjoying this. I have something pretty to show for my days spent sitting. I've often wondered the same thing. I hear there are actually people who don't have a crafty pursuit. I can't even imagine!
      I'm taking it easy. Thanks again for your note.
      Big Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. This is a very nice project!
    I wish I could sew like you do.
    At the moment I am making little felt rabbits.
    I wish you a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine:
      It's never too late to learn something new, my dear. Little felt rabbits? Oooooo. I'd love to see them! Feel free to send me an email if you'd like to share what you're doing. Thank you for your note and your good wishes. Same to you!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna