April 5, 2021

A Penny Gathering Update...

Brynwood Needleworks - My Version - Primitive Gatherings "A Penny Gathering" Small Blocks
 
I thought you'd like to see my finished small blocks for the Primitive Gatherings quilt I've been working on. These are for "A Penny Gathering"...with all the wooly bits done correctly now. I haven't trimmed them down from 6" square to their final 5-1/2" square, but I'll do that soon.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - "A Penny Gathering" Layout

As you can see from the photo on the pattern, I'll be working on the 10-1/2" square block that will go in the center of this layout next. They don't show up very well, but after that I'll be creating a lot of 1/2" half square triangles for two small borders, and then the outside border with the vines.

I still have a little way to go, but I'm having lots of fun working on it! I'll be sure to share more photographs when I get to the next section.

DonnaAcornSignature

14 comments:

  1. This is going to be gorgeous!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I'm setting up the center block next. I'm looking forward to this one!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Laura:
      Thanks so much! I'm having great fun with it. I love your latest creation, too! I left a note on your blog. Hope you have a great week!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Your blocks are very beautiful. Amazing how much you accomplish. Happy Stitching Dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Sherry. I seem happiest when my hands are busy.
      Hope you have a great week.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Donna this so beautiful. Your needle work is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie:
      Thank you so much for your kind words.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. What a lot of work, but it's certainly beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny-
      Any of my creations utilizing needlework is truly a joy to work on!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna