April 8, 2021

Well, That's More Like It!...

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmhouse Sandwich Bread

THIS is what they're supposed to look like! Instead of French loaves, though, I decided to bake up a double batch of Farmhouse Sandwich Bread. One went up the hill to our dear neighbors, one into the breadbox, and the rest into the freezer. The house smelled of delicious baked bread today, and my confidence is back up. 

I did manage to do a little needlework yesterday, but didn't get pictures before it got dark outside. I'll do more today, so I'll share photos tomorrow. It's raining as I write this post, and that's a good thing. We've had burn advisories for a while now, and we can really use the rain. Nothing as lovely as stitching on a rainy day...except adding a cup of hot tea. Yes. Quite lovely, indeed.

DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. These are looking delicious.
    Have a nice time stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine:
      Thanks so much! Handsome cut into one of the loaves today and said he was a happy man. It's so nice when my efforts are so appreciated.
      Have a nice weekend!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Mmmm, that bread looks delicious!
    We had a flash storm come through about 3:00 yesterday, then the sun came out.
    More rain predicted today.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      We got the same. It rained all day here today, too. We really needed it, so I'm not complaining. Perfect needlework weather!
      Happy Weekend!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. ... and yes...I can smell the magical scent oh homemade bread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clara:
      Thanks so much for your comment! I wish I had "smell-a-vision" and "share" capabilities for all my readers. Glad you stopped by.
      I hope you have a great weekend!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Mmmm..a cup of tea and a nice big slab of homemade bread. What a great way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, YES, Sunny! What a lovely idea.mmm mmmmm
      Happy Weekend, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna