May 1, 2021

This One's Completely Different...

Brynwood Needleworks - Everlasting - BW Compass Barn Substitution
 
I completed another block for my version of the Primitive Gatherings "Everlasting" quilt project. I designed my own substitution for this block, recreating our Compass Barn and dogs in wool and thread.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Pattern & Substitution - Side by Side
 
You can see from the pattern on the left, and my block on the right how I completely changed out the design. Bella is sporting her stylish red collar, while Carly is wearing her very girly pink one. Of course, my little, lowrider rebel is only dressed in his own white, fur collar. I even added a little bluebird in one of the openings on the barn. 
 
So, this block is finished, and I nearly completed a second one yesterday. I'll wait to show you that one - along with any others I finish over the weekend - on Monday.
 
Brynwood Needleworks -  Brynwood "Fobulous" Key Fobs

I  also finished my little gifts yesterday. Handsome asked what they were, and when I told him they were Brynwood key fobs, he said, "They're fobulous!" Followed quickly by "That's what you should call them!" So effective yesterday, these are now my Brynwood Fobulous Key Fobs. I hope the recipients will love them.
 
Happy May Day!!!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

14 comments:

  1. Love your personal touch of the barn substitution and your fobs are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your substitution block! It's so much more fun to personalize a project in this way. And your Fobulous key fobs are adorable - who wouldn't love to have one of those!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie:
      I agree. That way, mine will never be exactly like anyone else's. Email your address and I'll send one your way! ;-)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. Thank you Donna, but remember - I'm in Canada so postage is ridiculous. The thought is lovely though!

      Delete
    3. You're right. It's just not fair! Sending big hugs your way.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I love the block! You have quite the talent to be able to recreate the likeness of the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Andrea:
      Thank you for your kind comment. Glad you like my block. (I'm doing one of the farmhouse in this project, too.)
      Hope you have a restful weekend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. I think your personal block is so cute! It will make the finished project very special. I also love the bird block you made in your previous post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marit:
      Thanks so much! I'm having a lot of fun with these blocks.
      Happy weekend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Your personal block is absolutely perfect. I love that you create something so endearing for your quilt. I do love how Handsome said the perfect thing about your gifties. They are FOBulous and I will be very excited and happy to have one. You are so special sweet friend. Blessings and (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sherry:
      Thanks so much, dear. It's on its way!
      Happy weekend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Love the way you personalized that block to make it your own.
    The keyfobs are fabulous!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the block with the dogs! So cute. And yes the key fobs are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna