May 24, 2021

Brynwood Needleworks - "Everlasting" - BW Farmhouse Block Substitution

I've completed the last two main blocks for my "Everlasting" quilt project. As you know, I've changed something in almost every block, and this one is the most drastic. I made a Compass Barn block, including our three dogs (HERE), and I knew I was going to do a block that resembled our farmhouse.

This is my adaptation of our farmhouse. Of course, I've taken a few liberties with its features, but I've captured most of the main ones in my block. The stone wall, window mullions, and porch rail are all represent.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - "Everlasting" - Pincushion Flower - Box 10

I also stitched out the last block, Box 10's Pincushion Flower. You can see the differences between the two images. All the changes were in my stitch choices on the pink flower blossom.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - "Everlasting" Brynwood Blocks

This is a photograph of all my completed blocks. We had a rainy day yesterday, so I took this picture of all the blocks laid out on my bed. I had a lamp on, which apparently threw off the uppermost right corner block. It isn't as yellow as it appears. It's also a beige fabric, similar to the beige color in the other beige blocks.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - "Everlasting" Center Block (Dark Sections)

This is the center block as shown in my finishing kit. If you don't know, I'm not a fan of putting the wording onto my pieces, so I'm working on how I'm going to complete my quilt differently than the pattern. I haven't worked out my version yet, but I'll make my decisions very soon.

In the meantime, I have to square up my completed main blocks and assemble the balance of each block. I'll show you my progress soon.

Today is laundry and breadmaking day. One not quite as much fun for me as the other. You decide which is which. Tag will be here tomorrow, and I'll see you again on Wednesday.

DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing all of your blocks, can't wait to see wht you do with the center block.
    It's going to be beautiful.
    I'm guess breadmaking is more fun! :)
    Have a great day.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn:
      I spent hours squaring and trimming the blocks yesterday. I even had to restitch one or two because the features ran into the 1/4" seam stitching area. That was fun! (Not)
      I'll make some decisions before long.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. It is so beautiful! I love how you have personalized the blocks. Your quilt will be very special, a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marit!
      Thanks so much. The house block and the Compass Barn are my favorites. I had fun stitching them all!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. They're all wonderful - I would be hard pressed to pick a favourite, although I have to say your farmhouse block is probably pretty close to the top. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the centre block now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Maggie. I think the farmhouse is my favorite, too. I'll be working on my two ideas for the center block today. I'll let you know as soon as I do.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Donna Dear your blocks are wonderful. I especially love your Compass Barn with the fur-children and your Hickory Hill Farmhouse. I just know you will create a perfect center for this amazing quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna