May 31, 2021

Tuesdays With Tag - She's Crampin' My Style...

Brynwood Needleworks - Tag, The Guardian

 Hi, Everybody!

I've gotta tell you that bein' a guardian for the infirm and immobile is a real callin', but man, is it crampin' my style!

Mom's knee is almost debilitatin'. She wears a brace, is usin' a cane most of the time, and takes special medicine, but she told me it still hurts. I'm no spring chicken myself, so I understand what it's like to have a few new aches and pains from time to time. 

So, when Mom says she's gonna go outside and sit on her lawn chair to baby her bum limb, I volunteer to go out and keep her company. I also make sure the cats don't bother her! Why, just yesterday, I was loungin' on the end of her chaise, and I saw somethin' move out of the corner of my eye. It was that dang Leo! He's been hangin' out in the wood shed, so I chased him right back there.

Don't worry. I didn't catch him, or even make him breathe hard runnin' up the hill...and I came runnin' right back to Mom when she called me. She said she saw him before I did, so she got to watch the whole event. She laughed at me.

No. He's Not Sleeping On The Job

Mom usually heads upstairs after dinner so she can put her feet (and that dang knee) up. Sometimes Dad takes the ice machine up, too (if she asks him to), and then I get to hang out on the farmhouse bed while she reads or stitches, and gets the cold treatment.

She wants everybody to know that the quilt I'm sleepin' on isn't one she made. It came from our friend, DeeDee, and while Mom loves it, she also knows that it's okay for us dogs to be on a store-bought quilt, when she doesn't really like us sheddin' all over the ones she makes. Who can blame her. All that black hair would show! (It's not like I shed or anythin'.)
 
At this rate, it's gonna be a lonnnng summer. Mom has to wait to have surgery probably at least until September. We're gonna go through a lot of ice treatments between now and then. Don't worry, though. I'll be here to make sure she gets all the TLC a self-centered, treat-driven, alarm-barkin' Corgi can muster (you think I'm kiddin', don't you?)...and I'll follow Dad's lead. He's really good at takin' care of Mom. (They take great care of each other, actually.) If Dad can do it, so can I.

I think I hear some homemade doggie sweet potato chips callin' my name. I really love those things! Better get 'em before they're gone.

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...
"Corgi On, Corgi Strong!"

3 comments:

  1. Oh Tag, you're being such a good boy taking care of Mom, :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know you're on the job, Tag. Take good care of your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear you're taking such good care of Mom but here's the thing....you have to remember that you will have to curtail your 'adventures' while Mom is hurting. She can't be chasing after you. So, it's going to be up to you to keep everybody under control. Big responsibility I know, but you're up to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna