June 2, 2021

Making Good Progress...

Brynwood Needleworks - My "Everlasting" Center Block Detail

It seems my boy let the cat out of the bag yesterday. Honestly, he just can't keep a secret. So, now you know what this next month will look like for me. In the meantime, I'm occupying myself with more joyful pursuits.
 
This is a detail of the center motif I designed for my version of the "Everlasting" quilt I've been working on. I chose a bee skep and lavender. Of course, I needed bees for the skep!
 
 Brynwood Needleworks - My "Everlasting" Center Motif
 
The entire new central motif.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - "Everlasting" Center Blocks
 
 This quilt (like all others) is "built" in sections.
These are the four blocks that comprise the central section of my "Everlasting" quilt.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - My Next Blocks

Now that I've completed the four central block assembly, it's time to work my way outward. I haven't sewn these together yet, but will be doing that today. We'll see how much further along I get from there.

DonnaAcornSignature

9 comments:

  1. Love it!
    This is going to be so beautiful!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sweet Marilyn:
      I think so, too! I'm excited to see it finished.
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Wonderful! Love your little bees!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonnie!
      The Valdani almost looks fuxxy in this stitch, making my little bees look fuzzy, too. They're fun to make, too!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. oops - I messed up my previous comment so that's why it was deleted! As I was attempting to say - I think the beehive was the perfect addition to your quilt. After all where would the flowers be without them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie:
      No worries. I frequently do the same when commenting on other's posts. You and I are on the same page about my adding the bees. Where would the flowers (or we, for that matter) be without them? I've put water in the bird bath, too, and the bees are loving it!
      Thanks!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. Make sure you put marbles in the water so they don't fall in and drown (seriously, that's a thing).

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna