June 15, 2021

Tuesdays With Tag - I Got Sunshine...

Brynwood Needleworks - Sittin' In My Light
 

Hi, Everybody! 

I know lots of people around here are wishin' it would rain, but I'm lovin' the sunshine.

(Are you singin' the song I referenced in my title yet?)

I've got a Carly video for you today. Seems The Kid invented her own trick, so Mom recorded it so you can see. Try not to get too excited. I don't want her gettin' all big-headed over this. It's hard enough to live with her as it is. (Kiddin'. Not kiddin'.)

 

Let me explain what's happenin' in the video. Carly invented this trick all on her own. Every meal, it goes the same way...Dad sets up all our dishes with food. Carly actually gets the most 'cuz she's still a growin' puppy. With that in mind, I get my food first. Bella's second. The Kid is last. 

After Carly finishes her food (always first), she picks up her dish and takes it to Dad to put on top of her kennel. Then, she runs back to where we're eatin', snags the next empty dish she sees and runs that one to Dad. One more trip to the kitchen to get the last dish, and again, she carries it to Dad.

Now, if Dad isn't waitin' for her, she just lines 'em up on the floor for him to pick up when he comes back in the room. It's really pretty clever, and yeeesss. I wish I'd thought of it. I can tell you, Mom and Dad laugh every single time. Especially since she always burps (very unlady-like, by the way) while she still has the first dish in her mouth. She gets an awesome echo off the metal dish!

The video is real short, so you don't have to worry about missin' a meal watchin' it. It is pretty cute, though. (Here's a direct link if it doesn't play for you here: YouTube Direct Link-Carly's After Meal Task: https://youtu.be/fYkZnZIKK2M)

Brynwood Needleworks - Taggart On The Farmhouse Version of Pride Rock

I have my own "Pride Rock" (Lion King reference) here at the farm. I can even get up on it all on my own! I think I look pretty majestic in all my floof as the sun lowers in the western sky. Mom said she could have featured Carly on my rock today, but I told her I really wanted to be up there first. She agreed, so here I am!

If you're waitin' for rain, I hope we all get some soon. If you've had too much lately, please send some our way!

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...
"Corgi On, Corgi Strong!"

8 comments:

  1. On a cloudy day...........
    Yes, we need rain badly.
    Tag, you are so handsome on that rock.
    A very cute video of Carly, she is so smart!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Miss Marilyn:
      You completely got my music reference!!
      I'll pass the good work on to The Kid.
      xoxo
      Smooches,
      Tag

      Delete
  2. I was singing (in my head - you DON'T want me to vocalize out loud!) before I got past the headline. Smart Carly - wonder if she appreciates the sound of the I'm-sure-ladylike burp against the metal and hopes for a repeat performance?
    And you look ever so kingly upon your rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Maggie:
      You got it, too! Yay! Carly must like the reverb on her dish, because she does it EVERY time! You'd think I'd taught her, she's so good at it!
      Thanks. I like my rock!
      xoxo
      Smooches,
      Tag

      Delete
  3. You look great on your rock! It was fun to hear about smart Carly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marit:
      Thanks bunches! She's not bad for a silly puppy.
      xoxo
      Smooches,
      Tag

      Delete
  4. Tag. Love your post today and you do look Majestic on your Pride Rock. Carly is pretty clever with her bowl routine. Yes...PLEASE send rain. We are desperately dry as is so much of our wonderful country. Smooches Dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry!
      Great hearin' from you. We've noticed all our grass that's short is crunchy.I'm thinkin' about doin' a rain dance with the girls. I've heard "timin' is everything", so I'll be watchin' the weather forecasts. I'll definitely ask to send some your way, too.
      xoxo
      Big Hugs and Smooches,
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna