June 18, 2021

Hollyhock Hill Farm...

Brynwood Needleworks - Pink Hollyhocks
 
Handsome and I were outside yesterday. He said to me, "Maybe we should have named our place Hollyhock Farm, instead of Hickory Hill Farm. They're really taking over!" He's right!

Brynwood Needleworks - Creamy Yellow Hollyhocks
 
They've transplanted themselves all over our yard! They're now growing next to our front stairs, and even in the gravel on the other side of our front walkway.

Brynwood Needleworks - White and Pink Hollyhocks

These are growing right next to the back door. I'm looking straight on at them, and I'm 5'8" tall! I'm not planting geraniums this year because the hollyhocks have sprouted up where I usually put my red beauties. 

I'm looking forward to the next few days. We got much-needed rain overnight, so I'm expecting all those blossoms to pop open any minute. If you don't already follow Brynwood Needleworks on Facebook, you might want to join the group. I'll post updated hollyhock pictures there.

Oh. One more thing. No, we are not changing the name of Hickory Hill Farm. I admit, though. It was an interesting idea.
DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Your hollyhocks are beautiful. I keep hoping one day my plants will do something. Enjoy the plants and your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. After last night's rain, even more have opened up - including the dark pink ones. It's getting even more colorful. Happy weekend, girlfriend!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Your hollys look spectacular! Must be the perfect growing season for them this year and getting some rain (as long as it's not a deluge!) should help them along too. Did you ever play with them as a little girl pretending they were ladies in ball gowns?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie:
      The rain wasn't a deluge, but it sure got windy around 4 am. It was actually a little scary. I've seen images of turning the hollyhock blossoms into ladies in ball gowns, but I've never done it. It sounds lovely.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Donna, your hollyhocks are beautiful!! I especially love the yellow ones. I don't think I have every seen that color! Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherri:
      I don't know how they came to be yellow. I thought I only purchased the pink ones! Each year is a new surprise. But, in spite of their aggressiveness, they do make me smile.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Your Hollyhocks are amazing and so beautiful. I do like the name however Hickory Hill is the original name for your 100+ Farmhouse and property.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hollyhocks are all so pretty!
    Glad you are keeping the name.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna