June 11, 2021

Drawing "Everlasting" Border Ideas...

Brynwood Needleworks - Border Ideas

Let me begin today by stating that my artistic talents definitely lie with needle and threads, not in drawing. That being said, I'm doing rough drawings of a couple ideas I have for stitching the borders on "Everlasting". 
 
Another option might be a wandering vine-type configuration with sprays of lavender sprinkled about. The thing is, I'm really trying to avoid a directional design that would look odd on the top and bottom. I'll continue thinking and drawing, but I'd love to know what you think.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Any type of Lavender spring would be so pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I'll definitely use the lavender idea. Thanks!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I love the circle but it's probably harder to create? My reason for perhaps not a vine with lavender is because lavender doesn't grow on a vine. Now, having said that, a vine that combined several of the flowers from within the quilt (and perhaps including some lavender) would be fun. I know - I should get off the fence and make a concrete suggestion shouldn't I!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie:
      My thoughts exactly...that's not how it grows. I'm leaning toward the circle, keeping random bee placements in mind. It is a little more work, but I think it will look best in the end. I giggled when I read your comment. Thanks!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. I must say fence sitting can be quite painful at times....just sayin'

      Delete
    3. As long as it's not a picket fence... lol
      xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna