June 4, 2021

The Assembly Has Begun...

Brynwood Needleworks - Assembling "Everlasting" - Phase I

 Phase I of sewing together my "Everlasting" quilt blocks has been completed. The center block assembly, which includes the houses (and Compass Barn) are now done.

I've laid out most of Phase II in this photo, but have not included the outer bird blocks, which are also part of this section. I still have to cut out the lighter fabric pieces that will also be a part of this, but will do that this morning so I can move forward.

Once I have Phase II completed, I'll need to assemble the border and decide how I want to finish it...wool applique'? More needlework? Leave it blank? I think I'll know by the time I have it on, but not so far. I guess I'll have to let it speak to me when I get to that part.

More photos tomorrow. Isn't this fun? I'm really enjoying making this quilt, and I'm as anxious to see the top complete as you are! (Note to self: We really need a design wall! It sure would speed up this part of the process.)

DonnaAcornSignature

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    You are very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! It's so pretty.
    My favorite block is the one with your dogs, so special.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I'm more than a little partial to that one myself.
      Hope you enjoy this weekend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. This entire project is awesome. Makes me almost want to start working with wools but I simply can't. I can't add a whole 'nother stash to my already overflowing space. I will, instead, have to live vicariously through you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie:
      Thanks! I understand your dilemma completely. I often contemplate taking up watercolors, but resist for the same reason. I honestly have to draw the line somewhere. I'm happy for you to enjoy my work, and we can make believe together.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! It will be a special quilt for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea!
      I know this one will be special to me, for sure. This one has been so much fun to make.
      Thanks so much!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. All your personalized touches to this project make it absolutely lovely! You have surely been gifted with great talent! You "needle dance" like Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lois:
      How kind of you to say so! I'm so grateful that I learned from talented quilters, and that I continue to be inspired by the ladies I know both here in Wisconsin, as well as my dear Florida guild friends. (I miss them often.)
      I do appreciate your compliments. Thank you.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna