June 3, 2021

I'll Read Instead...

Vintage Image - Girl Reading Book

One of the things I've been doing for the past year is proof reading manuscripts for a dear friend who is in the process of writing a series of books. It's been a thoroughly enjoyable process for me, as I help support her efforts. 
 
When it's too uncomfortable for me sit at the sewing machine, or other creative endeavors, I have this wonderful pursuit, to sit and read her latest manuscript. The one I'm reading now is her third book, a continuation of the story line from the first two.
 
I'm unable to tell you who the author is, or her book titles (yet), but I can tell you that when her books are published (the first one very soon!), I'll be back to crow about them to you. 

I'm meeting Mom Grace's daughter (Sis, to me) for lunch today. I haven't seen her in months, so I'm so looking forward to seeing her. I'm hoping to be working on my "Everlasting" quilt when I get back home. Hoping I can share updated photos tomorrow. 
 
Another thing I need to do is change out my "Winter" header for a new one. I think it's safe to turn away from the snow now. lol

HAPPY JUNE (already?) !
 
DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn:
      It was a really nice (and fun) day.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. It sounds nice to read your friends manuscripts! Enjoy your lunch! And I hope it is safe to believe winter is over now :) Isn't it strange how things like that is easy to forget :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marit:
      I'm enjoying reading these manuscripts. I'm first to admit my friend is really a good writer! You're right, too. It's easy to overlook little housekeeping tasks like changing out my header. First, I have to take a current photograph of Tag and the girls. Carly's grown so much, and I want to use an updated image of all three of them for my new fair-weather header. Perhaps today, if the weather's nice?
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Something we have in common (proofreading) - I've been on the staff of the 'Crazy Quilt Quarterly' magazine in that role for several years and now that it's been sold and is now 'Crazy Quilt Magazine' I've continued on in that capacity. I'm certainly not perfect by any means, but it's fun to search out obvious errors and correct them. Enjoy your lunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie:
      Small world! It is an enjoyable task. For me, the payoff will be copies of my friend's books - which I'll cherish. I feel honored to have been asked!
      Lunch was great. We sat at the table and gabbed for nearly three hours!
      Have a great weekend!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. That's how I get 'paid' too - works for me! Glad you had a great lunch. I miss the ones I have with my childhood friend that always end up lasting at least three hours (mostly more than that).

      Delete
    3. Hi Maggie:
      Works for me, too! I'm much happier with physical books than digital. Most of our books are still in boxes since the move, because we have no shelves here yet. Makes me a little nuts. Nothing like time spent with childhood friends. My BFF and I have been friends since 1st grade...six decades! I'm truly blessed.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna