June 7, 2021

My Weekend Project...

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmhouse Kitchen Cabinets Project

The weather was beautiful this weekend, and perfect for painting! So, I went out to the garage to continue working on painting out the cabinets we purchased for our kitchen. 

I white-balanced each of the images in this collage, but the only photo that shows the color the way I actually see it is the photograph of the two containers of product I was using to paint! The deglosser is in the container with the dark lid, and the primer/paint combination is Heirloom Traditions All-In-One Paint, and you can see the variety of colors available HERE. The color I'm using is "London". I'm covering the original stained wood in these KraftMade™ cabinets.

The images upper left, clockwise are: 1) Upper cabinets with the doors removed. (Interior cabinet paint color is Cashmere. I used an entire pint covering the dark wood! We were contemplating painting the base cabinets Cashmere, too, but it took multiple, multiple coats to cover the wood. I said, "Nope. Nope. Nope. We're not going to use that on the outside!" London started covering almost immediately.) 2) Base cabinet and lower door (2 for each base), 3) First coat of London on the upper cabinets, before painting the cabinet interiors, and 4) Heirloom Traditions All-in-One-Paint and deglosser.

The base cabinet shown is finished and drying. I still have to do the backside of the base cab doors, and then I'll move on to the second base cabinet. We're already using the 12" wide, 4-drawer cabinet in the house, so I'll have to empty that to paint it, too.

Coffee, and then heading out to the garage. I really want to get the cabinets finished so they can be installed in the kitchen. I can't wait to show you how it turns out!

DonnaAcornSignature

12 comments:

  1. The cabinets are going to be so pretty.
    Love that color!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn!
      It's a darker version of our wall color. How's that for luck?
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I can’t wait to see the finished kitchen. That color is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea:
      I'm looking forward to it, too! Thanks! I love it, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty color!!!! Your kitchen is going to look amazing. How I wish we were allowed to paint our cheap 'faux oak' ones in our kitchen because I'd love a colour like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie:
      Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing it done. Awww. Why not? You'd love this paint. It's not cheap, but it's really worth it.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. We're not allowed to paint anything unless it's pre-approved and we know that cupboards aren't allowed. When we moved in here we 'lucked out' and they gave us new cupboards. Unfortunately they're the cheapest things they could find and are *supposed* to look like oak. They fall somewhat short of the mark. One of the joys of apartment life.

      Delete
    3. I understand completely. There are definitely advantages to apartment living, but being able to fully personalize your dwelling isn't usually allowed. I'd be tempted to purchase cabinet doors in the color you want (or paintable), and then just switch back to the old ones when you move out. It would be two-toned, but at least you'd be giving them your own touch. Sorry, hon.
      xo
      D

      Delete
  4. Donna, I love the color of your cabinets! Can't wait to see the finished product! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherri:
      Thanks! I'll be glad when I've finished my work and the cabinets are all installed. I have a way to go yet. Seeing it done in my mind helps a lot!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. I did all my kitchen cabinets a few years ago it is quite a job but looks quite nice!
    I did them in very light grey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine:
      I bet yours are beautiful! You're right, though. A lot of work. whew!
      Thanks for the note, hon.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna