May 21, 2021

When I Wasn't Outside...

Brynwood Needleworks - My Farmhouse Block for the "Everlasting" Quilt

Handsome and I mowed our lawn yesterday. It typically takes a couple of hours (even using two riding mowers!), so we had some nice time enjoying the outdoors. 

Of course, I spent time with Crystal and her kittens, making sure Crystal has plenty of food and fresh milk to support her babies. They're nicely situated in the dog crate, so it will be easier to transport them later today without too much disruption. (Don't get me started or I'll start crying again.) I also got in some great cuddle time with Mrs. Katz. She's such a sweetheart. She loves the attention.

When I finally came back inside late yesterday, I started stitching on my Farmhouse block. I'm finished except for the porch rails and a little stonework. I'm just contemplating how I want to stitch them. I'll figure it out later today.

The kitties all go to the rescue at 6:30 tonight, when Claudette will be back from the Madison vet who provides the spay and neuter services for their rescue facility. I'll be babying her to make sure she heals well, and it will help keep my mind off the two girls (and kittens) leaving. Wish me luck with that, okay?

Once my farmhouse block is finished, I only have one flower block to go. Maybe I'll show you all the blocks together tomorrow! We'll see...

DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. You are doing the right thing, even though it hurts.
    Hope it went well.
    Love, love, love that big box of Valdani!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks again. I think so, too.
      I love having all the threads for a project handy in one place. The box is hand crafted by my friend, Gisselle Sequiera of Honey Bunny Cottage. She makes them in all sizes, and I've got a few.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Yes, I agree that you're doing the right thing, even though it's incredibly difficult. Be sure to spend lots of time stitching so you can ease your mind. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maggie:
      That sounds like a great plan. Once I've nursed Claudette back to health, I can stop fawning over her and she can be on her own.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Donna Dear your Farmhouse block will be perfection. Keep stitching and keep your hands and mind busy...it will help with your kitties and how you are doing the right thing for them. Blessings and Love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear Sherry:
      I know you're right. Thanks for your kind words.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna