August 1, 2012

I've Got A New Attitude...

"Hey, Mom! I don't usually get two posts in 
a week, but I just have to ask..."

 "What the heck is this thingy?"

Thanks, Tag, but I've got it from here.
This is my new Trek 7100 bicycle.
We went shopping today because I've decided to get fit, 
and I'm going to need this new bicycle to do it.

Now, before y'all get nervous. No. This is not going to turn into a
personal fitness/weight loss blog. I'm going to continue to bring you
my favorite creations, projects, and all the other things you've come
to expect from us here at Brynwood Needleworks.

However, I just had to share my new "attitude" with you.
I don't want to be an "old lady grandma" type, unable to
spend active, fun times with Handsome, Taggart or our family.
 What that means for me is a serious, new healthy lifestyle program.

 Of course, I needed a "grandma basket" for my front handlebars,
and yes...I'm on the lookout for a used doggie trailer so Tag can
ride along with me on my daily jaunts. It will be nice to have him
to chat with and share my wildlife sightings! 

I'm going to eventually paint the basket white, too. 
The Nantucket Wicker Basket I craved 
won't work on my handbars, so this is the next best thing.
Maybe I'll glue some seashells to it after it's painted, too!
The color of my bike is called "Coastal", which I think is perfect!

 I've had this gorgeous, (American-made) 2001 Cannondale bike 
since we moved to Florida, but I haven't even put 50 "break-in" miles on it.
Why did I get a new bike then, you ask?

The frame is 16", and the seat/handlebar configuration forces me to
right over the handlebars. I've had a pinched nerve in my shoulder (long-term),
so riding in this position is so stinkin' painful that I'm unable to ride it at all.

We took it to our local Cannondale dealer who was shocked by it's pristine
condition and we tried to figure out how I might modify it so that I could 
use it, but the frame is actually a wrong fit for me. 

It would do no good to change the handlebars, 
and there's no acceptable riser modification either. 
So my only option for this $800 Cannondale is to sell it 
in favor of the Trek, which is a perfect fit. 

That means that today I'm going to list up my Cannondale on Ebay, and
some lucky lady is going to be able to purchase this pretty bike at half price.
(Here's the listing link.)

The dealer checked everything over...original tires, seat, brakes, derailer and chain.
With the exception of the grips which show usual wear for their material, 
everything else is in excellent condition.
I'm sad to see her go, but I'm looking forward to seeing some changes.

"I'm feeling good from my head to my toes!
I've got a new attitude."
DonnaAcornSignature

9 comments:

  1. Good for you, Donna!! Bike a few miles for me too, will ya? :-)) Oh, and a doggie trailer will be perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trek looks classy! My dh and I have been thinking about getting bicycles. We've gotten "fluffy" over the past year or so... and need a metabolism boost! :-) Good luck with your new bicycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I have the same fears as you. I don't want to be hobbling about, I want to be vital and healthy and active.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love the color and look of your new bike! Have fun getting fit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! Your new bike is almost the same color as my new bike that I got this past spring. I too have a front basket. Mine is white with a puppy paw print liner :o)
    Enjoy the new ride!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coastal is beautiful and she will bring you lots of enjoyment and help you feel fit. I have wanted a bicycle but our hills and no sidewalks would be far too dangerous for me to traverse. I just want to "stroll" on a bicycle. Tag will love it too. Happy Healthy New Attitude...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour and detailing on your new bike.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna,
    Your new bike is a beauty! I think the basket is a must, but agree that a coat of white paint would go better with your bike. You have got to find a trailer or somthing for the boy. Tag must feel the wind in his face. I hope you enjoy your new toy. or is this a toy?
    Love,
    Terri Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your new bike! And again, I wish I lived closer so we could ride together. I can't wait to see Tag in the "to go buggy!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna