August 24, 2012

Stormy Weather...

Coffee with my quilting friends this morning and then I'm hoping to do a little bit of quilting this afternoon. If today is like the last week, the sun will be out to start the day, it will be hot and humid and by afternoon, the clouds will have worked themselves into a rainstorm.

I'm keeping my eye on the weather forecast, but not too concerned. After Hurricane Charlie, we installed accordian hurricane shutters and a whole-house generator on our block house. If the power goes out in any storm, we'll still have the essentials, including water from our well and electricity for the refrigerator (or a sewing machine!) for up to three weeks! Plus, we're not right on the water (we're at least forty minutes away) and surrounded by a nice buffer of trees. We may end up with a tropical storm, but the Weather Channel will be on to keep tabs on the storm's status.
If you missed my last post, you'll want to go back one day so you can enter my 1200 Post Giveaway. Thanks for stopping by again. I hope you have a safe and restful weekend.
DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. The whole house generator was a great investment! Stay safe during this storm season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy coffee with your friends Donna,and stay safe.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed no nasty storms develop - we have had a few horrid ones here this summer.
    It must be a big relief to know that you are protected by both the trees and your generator. Losing power just creates so many complications!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna, I thought about you when they talked about Issacs. The whole house generator would be a great investment for any kinds of storms. I am praying that the tracking is going to change and go the opposite way out to sea. Our Oldest is in the New Orleans area and I hope it stays away from there. I have been enjoying your quilting pictures. Have a great weekend and be safe. Hugs and Prayers Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You stay safe, you hear !!!! Will this be Tags first storm. I remember Teddy's first wind storm here in the foothills. He let out a howl heard round the world. He was only four months old, tiny but very mighty. LOL Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Storming has kept me away from my sewing to... I need a generator too..lol.. happy sewing my freind

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, I hope the hurricane doesn't come your way! Stay safe my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A generator is a very good thing to have. Our area was without power for 8 days last summer after a nasty storm hit. Our generator helped lots...Hope the storm doesn't blow your way, but if it does, stay safe sweetie. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna