August 15, 2012

She Walks The Streets of Gold...

 Today my former sister-in-law, Renee will be laid to rest.
She bravely fought brain cancer for many years, but
this terrible disease finally won last Sunday
when she slipped away with her family at her side.
She would have been forty one years old on August 31st.

 All her adult life, her children were her reason for living.
She adored her son and daughter and placed their health,
well-being, safety and happiness above all else.
She would have sacrificed anything to protect the from harm.

She and I rarely saw eye to eye for many years...and I had no contact
with her following her divorce from my younger brother.
My misguided idea of family loyalty kept me from being a true friend,
but I'm happy to say that as her days wound down, God softened my heart.

She knew before she passed that she had a new champion in her corner
 to watch over her children...especially her twelve year old daughter. 
Her son is already twenty and a capable adult.
I'll be there to help Renee's mother care for Renee's "princess".

 This is the way I'll choose to remember Renee...
Happy, with her children at her side.
 
“For this is what the LORD says: “I will extend peace to her like a river,
and the wealth of nations like a flooding stream; you will nurse and be carried 
on her arm and dandled on her knees. As a mother comforts her child, 
so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.” 
When you see this, your heart will rejoice, and you will flourish like grass; 
the hand of the LORD will be made known to his servants, 
but his fury will be shown to his foes.” 
                                                                                      - Isaiah 66: 12-14

She's free now. No more illness or pain - safe in God's arms.
She had to go, but she hasn't left her children.
I know that she'll watch over them for eternity as she walks the Streets of Gold.
DonnaAcornSignature

13 comments:

  1. So Sorry for your loss Donna. I will be praying for the children and Yes I'm sure Renee will be watching over them from Heaven...
    Big Hugs to you,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious warrior! You can tell she loves those babies just by looking at the photos you featured Donna. I love that you were able to reconnect with Renee before her passing. I'm so very sorry for your loss dear friend...but I do know this, she must have loved knowing you were going to be a guardian angel for her dear children!! Sending you hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. keeping her children and your family in my prayers. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss, glad though you reconnected with her before her passing. I wish the family comfort and strength to overcome this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry for the loss of one so young, but pleased that you were able to make your peace and to be able to be there for her children

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful memories to behold. Prayers and Healing Hugs for the children. Condolences Donna Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, I am so very sorry. She was too young to have left this world and her children. It's heartbreaking. But thank goodness you reconciled and that she knows you are there for her daughter. Hugs to you and yours.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you and your family Donna. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so young...I'm so sorry Donna. Sending you all good thoughts...take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry for the loss of this dear lady. My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  12. She was a beautiful person and each of you were blessed to have each other. People are brought together at certain times for certain reasons. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry for your loss. What a blessing to you both that you were able to renew your relationship when it mattered most. A lesson we all need to hear. Prayers for all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna