August 10, 2012

Nighttime Knitting...

 I think I've told you before that I usually work in my studio during the day.
Up until about nine months ago, I would knit in the evening while I
watched television or we listened to music in the living room...
until my arthritic thumbs told me to take a break.
Giving my thumbs a break must have been good for them because the
pain has taken a little vacation and it doesn't hurt when I knit (a bit) these days.

All that being said, I've been able to knit with the girls again at Paneras 
on Tuesday nights and I've made some real progress on this.
The back and both sleeves are finished now, and now I'm in the
 process of knitting the leaf detail along the bottom of the front piece.

I'm not going to overdo it to the point that my hands hurt again, but if I
just work on it a little at a time, I think I can actually finish it soon!

It's time to spend my studio days getting back to the Farmer's Wife blocks,
but for the foreseeable future, I'll have this beautiful yarn in my sights in the evenings.

What are you working on?
DonnaAcornSignature

9 comments:

  1. That is looking very nice Donna. I've had to take a few week's break from knitting too as I've torn a ligament in my thumb - not good. I have been teaching myself bobbin lace instead. Very addictive. Am dying to get back to some knitting though. So many patterns I want to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am knitting Father Christmas and his wife.they will be going to Australia later in the year to my daughter.I also have joint problems,and find that crafters fingerless gloves help me.I am using them more and more these day(old age doesn't come on its own)
    Your knitting looks lovely.
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna,

    Knitting has been my passion this summer although I am anxious to get back to my studio and some machine embroidery!

    Your sweater looks gorgeous!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a wise woman to know your limits. This knitting is lovely. It will be even more worth the wait as you take care of your thumbs. Our FW recess was most needed...thank you. However it will be good to get back to them and complete a project. Saturday Creative Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I find that sometimes, taking your time with a project, makes the finish even more special - like the song says - ANTICIPATION...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so beautiful, Donna and glad you're able to knit again. I'm knitting hats to give to the preacher; hoping he can get them to those folks who are living in the national forest in southwest WV.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna,
    Your projects are always so beautiful! Sorry to read about the arthritic thumbs but I'm glad to read they're not hurting quite so much and you're able to enjoy knitting with your friends.
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog....I really appreciate it!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, that sweater looks gorgeous! I find knitting so therapeutic! Hope the hands hold up!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color. Right up my alley. I've been knitting washcloths as most of my knitted washcloths have turned into rags.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna