August 30, 2012

It Needed "A Little Bit More"...

You might remember that I "finished" this ribbon embroidered pincushion
a little while back. I thought it was ready to mail to its recipient, but I kept
looking at it and thinking that it was missing something...so I waited.

 Over last weekend, it occurred to me.
I needed to add a ruffled seam binding trim to the edge.

 When I was finished stitching the trim to the edge of the pincushion,
I knew that it was finally finished. I really loved the "little bit more"
that I added. The next morning I wrapped it, posted it and sent it on its way.

I finished another music-themed gift yesterday and 
I'll share it with you, along with the story behind it tomorrow.
Don't forget to enter my giveaway (click on button in my left sidebar)
Drawing is this evening at midnight!

I bet you're all ready for another holiday weekend!
Handsome is back home after a week spent with his brother,
so we're looking forward to a nice relaxing few days, 
and some time spent with dear friends.
Happy Friday!
DonnaAcornSignature

14 comments:

  1. Your pincushion is lovely and I do like the trim. I know the person you sent it to will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that trim is the absolute perfect touch! your friend will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, just like faith, when we're patient, we're rewarded. Lovely pincushion and the ribbon adds a beautiful depth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ruffle and the dragonfly, so sweet. I am sure when this is opened it will bring much delight and joy! Glad handsome is home safely. Have a great weekend! (*_*)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ruffle is just the right finishing touch! Now it reminds me of one of those easter egg candies that are made from all sugar. Love it! Yes, relaxing is at the top of things to do this 3-day weekend! :-) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I agree. That little bit extra was the ticket! I just love ruffles, and you can never go wrong with them! It's absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was in total pin cushion envy the first time you posted this wee gem now I'm swooning, WOW!!
    Happy Blue Moon Friday.
    Always Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  8. now it is just perfect.. I love
    it..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just the right finishing touch. The subtle ruffle is just perfect with your beautiful ribbon embroidery. Blissful...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! The ruffle is just the perfect thing and sets it all off so beautifully. Exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful,can you tell me what sort of pot it is in,couldn't make out if it was wood,or terracotta .
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was exactly what it needed - and it's beautiful!! :) Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna