August 8, 2012

Scrappy Progress...

I had this project sitting off to the side when we took off in the Flying Cloud in May, but yesterday I decided it was time to get back to it. (I don't like having UFOs. They take up too much space!)

All the scrappy Dresden plates were appliqued' and it was time to add the sashing so I could assemble the top.  Rather than putting the blocks together in a straight square layout, I chose to place all the blocks on-point. It will make the finished quilt slightly larger and the Saturday coffee group gals thought it would make for a more interesting layout, too. Works for me!

I chose my favorite paisley fabric from the Martinique line to use for the sashing and added pretty green/blue blocks at the corners. (All these fabrics are from Moda's Martinique line.) By the end of yesterday, I'd put everything together except the corner triangles.

Today I'll add the two borders and it will be ready to go to the long-arm. I'm going to have this one quilted in the traditional patterns for a Dresden quilt instead of an all-over quilting pattern. I'm anxious to finish it now so that I can add another "finish" to my stack.

Thanks to everyone who left such supportive comments for me yesterday, too. I'm just waiting for a few supplies to get here so we can put the rest of the kits together. For now, we've gone as far as we can until the package arrives.

I just wanted you to know that I'm going to print out all of your notes and put them on an affirmation board. That way I can go back and read them for moral support if when I feel a little overwhelmed with the guild project. Thanks again.
DonnaAcornSignature

9 comments:

  1. Love the Dresden plate design,will have to try it myself one day.
    Very pretty colours you have chosen Donna.
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this quilt! The dresden's are beautifully stitched and the fabric is so pretty! That's going to be a favorite of yours to grab for quick naps in the winter! :-) I've been trying to lessen my stash by finishing the big stuff too... first is wool items, then quilts, then cross stitch pieces... so many loverly projects, so little time, yet we always seem to find more! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dresden and the fabrics,fabulous.Happy sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is understated elegance my dear. These Moda Martinque fabrics are beautiful and really lend to the beauty of your Dresden quilt. The sashing really adds the perfect detail. Stitchilicious...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every look I get at your Dresden Plate quilt makes me want to start one. Lucky I don't have the plate template otherwise it would be another thing to add to the "To Do" list. It is looking lovely. Can't wait to see it after it has been quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scrappy plate quilt is gorgeous, I love the colours you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt of gorgeous!
    It looks far from "scrappy" to me.
    Lovely work.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna