September 30, 2024

Needle Dancing The Cha Cha...

Pre-Frogged Original Colors

Two steps forward, one step back...cha cha cha. I spent most of Sunday afternoon stitching out the colors on the neck that you see here. Then I photographed it and decided the colors were too brown and dark for the male bluebird. You know what that meant. Ripit. Ripit. Ripit. Sigh

Post-Frog Final Colors

I chose new colors and started again. It still needs tweaking, because I want that darker band to be wider. I'll take out the lighter colors below and rework that area today. I do love the new colors much more, though, so I will stay with those.

I think the program is to photograph my piece as I'm working on it each session to evaluate placement, etc. The picture shows more than I can see as I work, I guess. Some things just jump out at me in the picture that I never seem to notice until I've worked past it. Then, it's more involved to go back and carefully remove the threads I want to change. Lesson learned.

I'll share photos from Craft Day (last Saturday) with you tomorrow. We had a great time, and I really enjoyed the project! 

I'm off to get my morning cuppa, and then back to the needlework frame. Let's see just how much I accomplish today.

0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna