September 5, 2024

Colors Chosen...

I spent some time choosing the colors of cork I want to use for Ellie's Puppy Purse. It's a start, right? I'm in the process of redrawing and cutting out pieces right now...and taking photographs of the process as I go along.


I also canned the last fifteen pounds of tomatoes into stewed tomatoes yesterday. The result was 13 1/2 quarts. I used 1 1/2 for dinner last night. We had salisbury steak with beautiful yellow potatoes. It was a hit, and just a taste of things to come this fall and winter. Handsome was quite pleased with the results, and truthfully, so was I.

I have the tomato skins dehydrating until late morning, and then I'll process them into powder for later use. First, Handsome has his physical therapy appointment (and I'm his driver), and haircuts are on the agenda later. Then, I'll get back into the studio for some serious work. I'll do better for you tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. It's interesting how you can sew with cork.
    The stewed tomatoes look delicious!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      One of these days I'll remember to send you a sample of the cork fabric so you can play with it. It's really very supple and soft, and easy to sew. We now have a total of thirty jars of tomatoes to carry us through the colder weather. I see chili, stews and casseroles in our future.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Oh, that looks so delicious.

    Sandi from Dandelion Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandi:
      Thanks, dear! I love seeing full shelves in our pantry as we stock up for the winter.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Choosing colours sometimes can be harder than the actual doing. I usually end up with my sewing room looking like a bomb went off with piles everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I'm actually using a "clean" photo of the studio for my post tomorrow. It currently has the "post apocalyptic" look right now. lol
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Donna your stewed tomatoes look absolutely delicious. Will be looking forward to seeing your puppy purse. Have a great start to September. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie:
      Thanks, hon. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out, too. lol I hope you have a great month, too!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Sherry of createology: I am swooning over the cork colors you have selected for the puppy purse. Your canned tomatoes look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry!
      Thanks, hon. Now to make some progress on the little purse. I know once I really pay attention, it will go quickly. Time. I need more time in a day!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna