September 9, 2024

All In A Day's Work...

It was actually "an afternoon's play". I don't know why I was so hesitant to make this one, but I'm so happy I finally sat down and figured it all out. I'm shipping it out today, so Miss Ellie will have her gift later this week. 

The actual puppy's face purse measures 6.5" wide by 6" long by 1" wide. The shoulder strap has a 13" drop, so I hope it's the perfect length for a five year old young lady. The following photos show just a bit of the details.
 
Front of Ellie's Puppy Purse
 
Back of Ellie's Puppy Purse, Showing The Tail

Paw Print Lining

 
A Little Corgi Bell Charm is the Final Touch

I can't wait to hear Ellie's reaction to her gift. I'm so glad I've completed it. Truthfully, I didn't take all the photos or write a pattern as I created this. I'm happy that this is a one-and-only creation just for her. I may change my mind and make another in the future, but not exactly like this one. That way, she can always feel special knowing she has the only one like it in the whole world, and I made it just for her.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, this is soooooo cute!
    Great job! She will love it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Squeeee. It was so much fun to make. Thanks, hon. I sure hope she does.
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. awww! There's going to be a very happy little girl when this arrives. The wee corgi charm just adds the perfect finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I can't wait to see her reaction! The corgi was a last minute addition. I was looking through my trinket drawers and saw a small cache of them. There's a little pea inside that makes it tinkle like a bell. hee hee. I'll share photos when I get them.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. sherry of createology: This is the cutest puppy purse ever! Miss Elle will LOVE it. Donna you are so clever and talented. Happy Week Ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sherry:
      Thank you so much, dear. It didn't really take long once I started it. I think I got stuck in my own head for a while and was overthinking. Once I jumped in, it was a piece of cake. I appreciate your compliment. It's looking to be a good week indeed. Same to you, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Oh this is just the cutest, can you imagine having this as a five year old?
    What a beautiful one of kind project.
    That is going to be one special mail day.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      I think it's something I would have loved as a little. She's so girly, too, so I think she'll be pretty happy about it. I wrote in her card that it is, indeed, a one-of-a-kind. Her mama promised photos, which of course, I'll be sharing when I get them. I've heard Ellie's little sister loves cats, so I'm already drawing out a kitty purse. It will be full body, though, so it's a lot different from Ellie's. I'll likely do it soon, too, so I'm ahead of schedule for a change. lol
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna