September 17, 2024

First Drawing...

I've been busy working on my concept for my next wall quilt hanging with the bluebirds. This is my first drawing, with the basic idea. It won't be my last, though. I want to move the bird in flight up and to the right, and the post and rail will change somewhat, as well. 

I began by taking copies of the images I wanted to use and sized them for the area I'll be working on with the music fabric that is the same on all this series. Then I laid them out and did the tracing/drawing. Once that's complete, I go back to my other two embroideries and reevaluate the placement. This is when I decide if I'm happy with the placement, or if I need to adjust so the series works together.

I'll do the adjusting, and redraw the piece, and then transfer it to my fabric. Once I've done that, I'll hoop it and begin the process of building the images. 

You'll see my rendering transferred to the fabric next. I'm working today, so I'll probably get back to this on Wednesday. I'm excited to get going on this one, so I'll get back to it as soon as I'm able. You'll see it again before you know it!

10 comments:

  1. It's going to be fabulous!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's going to be lots of stitching on this one! I'm so looking forward to watching it evolve (no more so than you I'm sure!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, MA. It may take me most of the winter, unless I really get a stitching bug! I may need to update my eye glasses by the time it's done. I'd like to actually start it over the weekend. We'll see.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I'm imagining the drawing above with all those marvelous colors you selected - it will be - as Marilyn said - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so, Lois. I'm itching to start it, so we'll see how far I get with my set up this week.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Lovely drawing. It will be interesting to see who the bird in flight moved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen:
      Thank you, dear. I'll likely move it when I trace them onto my fabrics on Wednesday. More updates coming soon!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. This will be so much fun to watch come to life.
    Fabulous!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to it, too, Shirley. It will certainly brighten the coming days as I begin working on it. Thanks!
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna