May 7, 2024

Then, I Danced...

I was able to sit at my needlework stand yesterday, and I completed the goldwork for my Lt. Ed. Corgi Brooch. I'm so tickled with how the first one turned out! 

The body of the Corgi is a bright check purl color called "cider" and the white ruff is a thread in an opal color. It really sparkles in the light, and once the brooch is complete, I'll do a little outdoor video to show you just how much the light bounces around on the purls.

I'm hoping to release the work from the ground fabric and turn it into a brooch when I get home from work late this afternoon. I really can't wait to see it finished now. 

11 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous!
    So sparkly.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I had rainy weather today. Otherwise, I would have recorded a short video to share. Hoping for sunny skies today so I can have a better chance of capturing even more of the sparkle.
      Thanks, Marilyn!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. That cider is a beautiful color. Cute pup too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Likewise! (Even if it's only for a short while.)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. So very cute! The colors are perfect too. Andrea Hickman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Andrea! I'm hoping to do justice to my boy's memory.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Sherry of createology: Donna your Tag Brooch has turned out beautifully. I can see my happy little Corgi cutie and his personality. Self-care is critical. I have RSV and it is no fun. My energy is zapped and the cough wracks my entire body. Enjoy your day dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thank you so much, dear. I can, too. I think about him all the time. I miss him terribly, as I know you do. sigh I'm sorry about your RSV. I'll keep you in my prayers, sweet friend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. So beautiful.
    I love the cider color.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna