May 24, 2024

Dinner With Old Friends...

Our school reunion committee from last year enjoyed being together so much that we try to get together monthly now. We had a smaller group yesterday, as others had prior commitments, but we managed to bring in another school pal who wanted to reconnect. We've already set the date for next month, and hope others will be able to join us again.

(Front row: l-r Cal, Brad, Deb, Julie and Mary. Back row: Janet, Jay (Max), Bruce and me.)

I did manage to stitch during the day, and finished the outline on another frog. One more to go, which I'll do before I have to go to work for a few hours. I'll get the rest of the details done this weekend, and then I can start filling them in with all the sparkly bits. I'll share my progress photos soon.

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend! See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. It's nice that you get together now.
    That looks like a fun group!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I agree. It's really wonderful that we can all make time to share a meal together...and that we look forward to it. They're a great group of friends.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. It's nice that you all want to get together and live close enough that you can do so. I must admit high school wasn't a fun time for me so I really don't want to see anybody from my class although I hope they turned out a whole lot better than their early days indicated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I admit, I was more of a bookworm in school. Our class was 740 people! I had a small group of friends, and had been honestly surprised when classmates knew who I was. I knew them, but felt left out of their groups in school. Amazing how 25-50 years away from those "hallowed halls" can change for the better. All the cliques disappeared. I'm really glad we've reconnected, and they're all great people. Perhaps you'll find the same if you go to your next reunion.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. You have such a good turn out each month.
    I'm with Magpie, I really don't care to see anyone that I went to school with. So many of them
    looked down their nose with the better than you attitude. I get a glimpse now and then and
    life isn't what they expected.
    You have the best friends and family.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      There are always at least eight who manage to find time. It's really nice. You can see my response to MA. The high school cliques were awful, and truthfully, I felt out of place. At each reunion, I'd stick with those who were my close friends. Then, I noticed at our 25th that so many of those stigmas had disappeared. Another 25 later, and many of us are now good friends. I'm very blessed, and wish the same for everyone. Thank you, dear, Shirley. I hope some day we'll be able to meet in person.
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna