May 6, 2024

A Whole Lotta Nothing...

The weather was absolutely gorgeous yesterday, but I helped out a coworker who needed time off by working her 12:30 - 9 pm shift. I was indoors all day. Inside, looking out. Did I tell you how nice it was outdoors?

One thing I've noticed that I don't bounce back like I did in my younger days. After working from 4-10 pm Thursday last, I needed a day to just rest up. Then, on Friday I lounged around until it was time to get gussied up for our grandson's graduation. We were with family for the rest of the evening. We got back home around 9:30 pm. 

Consequently, I spent most of Saturday doing absolutely nothing. I thought about making hickory syrup. I thought about stitching on my Corgi brooch. I thought about baking bread and rhubarb custard pie. But in the end, all I did was think about it, accomplishing positively nothing. Sunday was back to work for a closing shift at the store, and another day where I have (almost) nothing to show you.

I do have this sweet photograph I took of Claudette, resting among the dandelions. She was watching Handsome running retrieves with Bella and Carly. That little sloth, Crystal, has become quite the couch potato. She's happy to go outdoors with Claudette for ten minutes or so, but then she can be found singing at the top of her lungs to be let back in. (I think it's adorable. Handsome, not so much.)

So, knowing that I'll be working again on Tuesday from 10 am - 4 pm, I'm going to work on my Corgi brooch today. The hickory syrup and bread can wait for another day. I'm not going to stress about it. I'll eventually get to it. I don't consider it procrastinating. I'm more concerned with the self-care that's needed more right now. I know you understand.

Tomorrow, I'm going to share training photos of the girls. The Labradors. (You know cats can't be trained, or can they?) Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow and show you what our Bella and Carly have been up to. They're a blast to watch in action! 

7 comments:

  1. I think sometimes we just need to kick back & relax, recharge.
    I also have day where I do nothing. lol
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I sure did that! My feet weren't so sore on Monday, but I think I'll wear different shoes to work today. I need a break from the unyielding work shoes. At our ages, we need to be mindful of what our bodies tell us. I must remember that.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Must be something in the spring air because on Friday I did a nada,nothing,zilch post too. Spring fever maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Congratulations on being a member of the Self-Care Club! As I told Marilyn, we need to listen to what our bodies tell us...and sometimes it tells us to slow down and rest. I'm all for it! You could be right. After winter, spring moves our bodies into a new mode. Enjoy!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I do agree, we all need a day to recharge. It helps to reset mind and body. Not sure if we can train cats. My daughters frequently comment the cats have trained me well! Enjoy the nice days. - Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy:
      You can be a "Self-Care Club" member, too! I wonder if we need a secret signal or handshake? lol It's interesting to see how Claudette and Crystal respond (or don't) to me. There are times I point and tell Claudette I want her to "sit there", and she actually does it! Then there are times that I'm glad she can't speak from the look she gives me. I took time to sit outdoors for a while on Monday, as I know I'll be back inside at work from 10-4 on Tuesday. I'll be glad when this week of helping others get time off is over. I'm realizing that I can't be "on" for this many hours/days a week. My "mature" bones need more rest breaks than I can get at work. I'll have to remember that for the future. Ten hours a week is just fine for me to be away from home at work.
      Same to you, dear. Enjoy this nice weather.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. That's a great picture of Claudette.
    I'd sure like to know what she thinks of all the running and fetching, but
    on second thought maybe not.
    And we sure do need those 'nothing days' occasionally.
    And even if we think it is a 'nothing day' we still manage to get some things done.
    Shirley
    Those are some long work days you're putting in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna