May 3, 2024

I got a chance to get a little stitching in yesterday. My choice, by far, over standing on my feet making hickory syrup for a few hours before going to work for six hours. 

In the time I had to lose myself in this project, I managed to add the chipping to my Corgi's face. I still have to do the white on his paws, but I really wanted to finish the facial features before turning my attention back to the white couching. I'm glad I did. I love the look of the cider-colored brilliant check thread, with a bit of gold accenting the ear and the forehead area (referred to as a "stop" on dogs).

I'll work on this again on Saturday, and hope to complete it over the weekend. I do work on Sunday, filling in for another clerk who needed the time off. She'll be working a day for me next week.

Well? Do you like how he's looking so far? I think he'll make a beautiful brooch, and I'm looking forward to seeing this one to completion. Then, I'll make another for a CorgiAid fund raiser in honor of Tag. I hope to raise some money to help other Corgis in need.

We have a milestone occasion this weekend, and I can't wait to tell you about it...tomorrow. Happy Friday!!

7 comments:

  1. The Corgi is looking great!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's coming along beautifully Donna. I'm sure Tag would be proud to have his name associated with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks so much! I hope so. (sniffle)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Tag will be so proud of this Corgi Brooch. It will be a dear gift for the Corgi Aid benefit. You must be exhausted working and standing on your feet for so many hours. Bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thank you so much! If I keep moving, it's not so bad, but carrying my till drawer down to the counting room at the end of my shift is always the hardest. Darn knee.
      Blessings,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. He is looking great, you can see the personality taking shape.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna