January 19, 2024

Royal Squirrel...

Today I thought I'd share a little peek of the project I'm working with right now. I'm calling Michelle Palmer's drawing "Royal Squirrel", and it will become a project bag with a Valentine's Day theme. 

I'm still pondering how much to stitch, though. Musical notes? Little Bird? Acorns? Oak Leaves? Crown? Collar? So many options, but I don't want to overdo embellishing Michelle's already perfect artwork. So, for now, I'm working around the edges.

What are you working on right now? Distract me a little, please. I know I should be busy in the studio, but work kept me out of my creative space yesterday, and will again today for the dinner hour. I'm planning to have my nose to the grindstone all weekend and at least the first half of next week. I should consider a "Help Wanted - Studio Elves" poster. lol

Happy Friday! I hope you have something fun planned for the weekend. The weather is supposed to be a little nicer, but if it's still crazy cold where you are, please stay warm and safe. I'll be back tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. OMG! She is sooooooo cute!
    I hope you get some crafty time soon.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - so cute! I know you're going to do something lovely with her.
    Still plugging away on the latest landscape and struggling with aspects of the quilting of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry of createology: Royal Squirrel is so Sweet. Keeping your embellishing to a minimum will not overtake Michelle’s perfect drawing. Maybe just some hand stitched Hearts along an edge or other corner? I know your fabric will be Valentine perfect too. Stay safe and warm dear,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday!
    Adorable squirrel. Just the accent elements and a border will be pretty.
    All the projects I want to do this week have to do with baking. The oven coil is out in my oven. Funny how so much wanting to bake happens when the oven isn't working. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is sweet, and I'm sure she will look even more royal with your little embellishments. WHAT to embellish IS a difficult call! Like you stated, so many options, but trying to pick one that won't detract from the squirrel... Oy! Eager to see what you choose. 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna