January 11, 2024

Another Pantry Photograph...

 
Here we are so far. I painted the walls and ceiling on Monday, so Jeff hung the overhead cabinet yesterday. He trimmed and shaped the shelf cutoffs from the kitchen install near the range, too. We had enough of the board left to create two shelves for the pantry. That's what's sitting over the drawer cabinet. They'll go to the left of the window, hung off the side of the cabinet. I oiled them yesterday so he can hang them today. They look a little more red than they actually are. They'll work great with the cabinet.

I know that the wood uppers, green painted lowers, and white for the remainder gives it an ecclectic look, but I love it. So much so that some time over the course of the next year, I may strip down the paint I put on the range cabinets to take them back to match the doors I left unpainted. What do you think? Do you love this look or hate it? 

Jeff will hang the shelves today, and then I think we're on hold until Monday when the countertop comes. We'll have the electrician hold off until last, perhaps bringing him in on Wednesday. Then, it would all be finished and ready for me to "move in".

We still have to go out and get the cabinet hardware to match what's in the kitchen. The finish is the same as the existing cabinets in the pantry, but the shape is a bit different. At some point, we'll change the handles on the original cabinets to match, though, too. 
 
I'm also going to get the flooring guys in to give us an estimate to put down luxury vinyl plank throughout the kitchen, pantry, 1/2 bath and entry to cover the current linoleum. I'm over it, and I think it needs to be budgeted in so we can complete the whole reno in fine fashion.

The next update will be on Monday, and then the big reveal Wednesday. In the meantime, we'll get the last of the prep work accomplished. Then we wait. See you tomorrow!

22 comments:

  1. It's so pretty.
    I love the color too.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be getting quite excited! This looks like it's going to be one of those rooms that when you're not using it, you just pop in to take a look and admire it. 😊 I love the warmth of the colors and wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      Busted! That's exactly what I've been doing every day! Once the countertop is in, I can start putting things away. I did load up the upper cabinet, as I know it won't affect any other work that's remaining, but I can't wait to get the dining room back to normal. That's where most of the things ended up when I emptied the old cabinets. Thanks for your feedback on the colors/wood, too!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. It looks amazing! You're right on trend (if the people on HGTV are to be believed) with two-tone cabinets. You're going to have the nicest pantry ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      You're so kind! Thanks for saying that. I actually love the way it looks. Now to get it done!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. It’s going to be beautiful. I love the mix of paint and wood. Andrea Hickman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea:
      Thanks so much. I hope you'll like it when it's all done, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Donna, I love your pantry space! I love the green cabinets with the upper wood one-just beautiful! What type of countertops are your going to install? Wonderful job-just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherri:
      Thanks, dear! We chose a beautiful white - with the faintest veining - quartz. 124" long. Now, we're just hoping they can maneuver it into the pantry in one piece. We'll find out on Monday afternoon!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. I love the color and the two colors of cabinetry. I have the same idea in my kitchen. I saw Pat Jinich of food network have the same idea with her cabinetry and liked it. I think it breaks up that monotone of all wood or all painted. More like our forefathers had in their kitchens. Glad it is coming along for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judi:
      Thanks so much. I'm so happy with the way it looks. I'm glad others agree. I like your comment about our forefathers. I'll be so tickled when it's done! This week. I just need to be patient.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  7. I love the 3 colors! The upper cabinet is gorgeous. I think the glass blends well and softens the solid color lower cabinets. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. I'm quite fond of it, too. I agree. It seems to balance the lowers really well.
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  8. Sherry of createology: I love your color combo and the wood to warm it all up. Your pantry will be stunning dear. New flooring in good time will be a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thanks, hon. I'm looking forward to the flooring, too. I'm already saving up for it! I'm hoping to be able to install it by spring.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  9. I think eclectic is fabulous!
    I love the warmth of the wood/glass cabinet.
    And the new flooring will tie it all together, done and done.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thank you so much, dear. I agree with you. The combination really makes me happy. I'm going to look forward to new flooring in the near future.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna