January 10, 2024

New Beginnings...

I spent the day painting the walls and trim in the pantry yesterday. It snowed all day and dumped copious amounts of the white stuff everywhere, so it was a perfect day to be working indoors. Painting, however, kept me from this project.

I'm going to embroider flowers along the border to add a little color to this sweet Michelle Palmer image. Once I've done that, I'll use it to create a new zippered project bag. I'll begin sewing for the show this week, and will keep after it until I have what I want for show inventory for February 10th.

If you haven't noticed yet, I've added my show schedule for this year into my side bar. If you're somewhat local to me - or to these show locations - I'd love to see you at any of the shows!

The countertop was measured for installation next Monday, and now that the walls are painted, there is only the electrician to complete his work, and the plumber to come after the counter goes in. Did I tell you we chose a gorgeous quartz countertop? It's just over ten feet long! (The tech said it's going to be an interesting install because the space is "tight". We shall see.) Oh, and we have to get out to get more door and drawer hardware so Jeff can install that, too. I'll take more photos to share as the appearance changes.

11 comments:

  1. That little guy is sooooooo cute!
    You've been busy with the remodel.
    Can't wait to see it!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks! I still haven't begun stitching on him, though. Jeff had a few other tasks for me today that took precedence. Perhaps tomorrow. I can't wait either!!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Ah Michelle Palmer creates the cutest drawings. I am sure your flowers will finish this off delightfully. Take care and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How I wish I could come to one of your shows! A tad too far away though, sadly. Michelle does the sweetest illustrations. I have a precious wee bear she did and can't bring myself to do anything other than admire it.

      Delete
    2. Hi Debbie:
      I love everything Michelle creates. She's so talented. Have you seen her hooked rugs? They're gorgeous! Thanks so much, dear. Hope your week goes well, too, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Oh Michelle Palmer, be still my heart. And the colors!
    We had ten inches of the white stuff on Sunday and four inches of rain on top of it Tuesday night, the white stuff is gone. We are up high so no water issues here.
    February 10th will be here before you know it.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      First, you're absolutely right about Feb. 10th! yikes!!! I love Michelle's things, too.I have quite the collection of her drawings on fabric, so you'll be seeing more of these! Glad you're on high ground, dear. It's one of the things I love most about moving out of "sea level" Florida. We're 1079 ft. above sea level now. We're getting snowed on again as I type, with another winter storm scheduled for Friday. Winter is officially here.
      xoxo
      Donna
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Your remodel is coming along so nicely. The reveal will be stunning. I adore Michelle Palmer’s Ink Hand Drawings. Perfect fabric for this one and the zippered project bag will be sold quickly at your venue in February. Please be careful in the snow and ice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dear Sherry:
      Thanks so much! I'm so looking forward to a finished project - pantry and studio! We're being extra careful in this weather. Handsome is heading out in the morning for more pet-friendly ice melt for the front porch and stairs. They can get awfully slippery in this weather. ugh
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. hmmmm - I know I left a comment yesterday and it seems to have scurried off to help plug the hole in the ozone layer. Strange, because I know it showed when I posted it and now it's gone poof.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute project! Little flowers embroidered around the edge will be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna