January 6, 2024

Are You Ready For A Creative January?...

Tom Clark's "Rebecca"

Although the pantry project is moving on schedule, my mind keeps wandering to my needlework endeavors. I have some ideas in mind for new, designed-by-me goldwork pieces. I'm also going to be breaking out the cork fabric in preparation for my first show next month in West Bend, Wisconsin. Sometime this weekend, I'm going to add a schedule of my show dates to my sidebar. If you're in the area, you'll be able to mark your calendar if you'd like to attend any of them.

I created a short reel for Instagram yesterday to ask what projects other needleworkers might have in mind for this month. Click HERE to see what I shared, and I also invite you to let me know what you're planning to work on in January.

Pantry Update: The electrician was here yesterday to do the roughing in. I'll have some painting to do now that the electrician has placed his wiring into position. He had to cut into the drywall in the ceiling, as well as a few places in the wall. 

Jeff decided to come back today to install the cabinets, so I'm hoping he'll also repair the drywall so I can do the painting early next week. Once the cabinets are in and my painting is complete, the electrician will come back to install the fixtures. Then, we'll wait for the countertop installation on the 15th, and the plumbing connections the following Monday. Is it the 16th yet? 

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished project!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently working on b'day gifties for our wee one. Just finished knitting a dolly yesterday and now I'm facing putting together a PDF pattern for a dress for her. Hopefully my sewing skills will be up to it! Once that is done I know I'll be starting another landscape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Your projects sound wonderful! I'm sure her folks will appreciate your efforts, as will the babe when she's old enough to understand. I'm equally sure you'll sew up a beautiful dress! I hope you'll share the photos on your blog so I can see!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Good progress.
    Projects besides painting, are to make a quilt from the patterns I downloaded from Helen Phillips shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Salty:
      I'm intrigued by the Helen Phillips patterns. What are you painting? I bet it's going to be great, my dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Excellent progress on your kitchen remodel. I enjoyed your video on the needle works. I am working on my ongoing watercolor learning and I am enjoying it so much. Cleaning out the pantry for expired foods and a new eating plan (hubby chose Keto). It is always a huge challenge for me to embrace any new eating plan (diet)! Also trying to organize Christmas decorations as I pack them and put them away. Whew!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      The cabinets went in today. We set them at 39" height, as we had in the home we built before going to Florida. We're both tall, so that height is perfect for us. There's this story about putting fleas in a jar. At first they'll jump high enough to jump out. Then put a lid on the jar, and they get used to bumping into it, so when you remove the lid, they only jump high enough to avoid the imaginary lid. Well, we've been here for seven years using the low counters in the pantry. Now that the tall counters are in, they look ginormous! Funny, right? I know we're going to love them, but we're going to have to get used to the new, convenient height. (face palm)
      Good for you and husband for your new plan for 2024. I've done Keto in the past and had great success. I'm not doing a specific plan this year, but I'm concentrating on portion control. I lost twenty pounds last year and only gained back four over the holidays. Now to lose those, plus ____# more! lol I know we can do it. Our tree is still up until later next week. I'm loving it too much to take down. It's going to be busy next week. I'll explain on Monday.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed the instagram video.
    This pantry project is moving right along.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      So glad you liked it! Pantry update photos on Monday. It really looks different now that the cabinets are installed. Jeff had to remind me I can't fill them up yet, because the counter guys will need clear space to work underneath when they do their install. Obviously, he's married and knew exactly what I'd had in mind! lol Happy weekend to you, too, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna