November 23, 2022

Turning Back The Hands Of Time...


Here I am with my youngest sister, Jan. There's a thirteen year age difference between us. When I was a young woman out in the working world, she was in junior high school. In those days, Taco Bell was also a young company, and they finally had a restaurant in our home town.

After I finished my work day, Jan would just be finishing her track practice so I would pick her up from school in my VW Beetle and we'd head to Taco Bell for our favorite enchiritos. When Taco Bell first introduced them, they were 99 cents and came in a promotional Corning Ware™ French white mini oval casserole dish. (I still have two of the originals from those days!)

My sister, Diana and youngest brother, Chris also loved them, and once they were discontinued, all three of us were upset. We even managed to find a copycat recipe a while back and I know Di and Chris made them at home.


Over the weekend, someone posted on social media that Taco Bell took a poll to see which "oldie but goodie" they should bring back for a limited time. The Enchirito won! Word spread from sibling to sibling like wildfire, and I told Jan I'd make a trip up the Valley, pick her up and we'd go for an enchirito lunch.(She can't drive right now because she had a recent foot surgery, so I would be designated driver.) She was all in, so we set a time, and I drove to Appleton yesterday to pick her up.


In no time at all, we were seated in a booth with our enchirito lunches, and took our first bites. MMmmmmm...tasted just as we remembered. We finished our lunches, ran another errand and then went back to her home for the rest of the afternoon. We promised to do it again soon. Now, if only they'd also brought back the caramel apple empanadas for dessert... sigh  Ahhhh, yes. Just like the good old days.

PS. If you didn't know yet, I'm having a Cyber Week Sale in my Etsy Shop. Everything is 20% off - no coupon required! 

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear they brought back 1 of your favorites.
    That's the way it goes, you find something you like, then it's discontinued.
    I loved the Chicken Fajita Pita from Chili's, but alas, it's discontinued.
    We haven't gone back since.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      You might try an internet search to see if there's a copycat recipe for your favorite. We found one for the enchirito, and when Di tried it, she said it was exactly the same - even adding the four block olive slices on top (which they forgot yesterday)!
      Happy Thanksgiving, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Those happy smiles tell it all! What a wonderful memory to have with your sister. Too bad they hadn't repeated the original Corning Ware dish too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      We did have a great visit and time together. The other two were peeved when they found out about our excursion. Next time. lol I agree about the dishes. We almost took mine, except that this location wouldn't have appreciated them.
      Happy Thanksgiving!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna