November 3, 2022

Emmett's Quilt...


Yes. He's not even here yet, and he's been named Emmett. I'm not sure of his due date, but the baby shower will be on Sunday. I made this small quilt in hopes that it will get lots of use, and then become his "drag around, sleep with, and all-around favorite" blanket.


It measures 36" x 29", and is made of the softest flannel. I've added a twill tape on the back with a passage from The Little Prince. I think it has a lesson to teach when he's old enough to understand. I sure hope they love it as much as I loved making it for him.

I baked bread and rolls yesterday, and I was gassed by the time I was finished. My sweet Handsome took me out to dinner so I wouldn't then be making dinner. It was bliss. 

I'm going to take it easy today, but may make a batch of maple fudge to satisfy my (and husband's) sweet tooth. Otherwise, my day will be spent knitting with my feet up. What are you doing today?

12 comments:

  1. It's a nice quilt for a little boy.
    I am finishing some cross stitch pieces I have sewn together.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I think so, too. I'd love to see your cross stitch pieces!
      Happy Friday, girlfriend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. I did post 1 on my IG page. murf's_page. More to come!

      Delete
  2. Cute and the perfect size. Such a thoughtful gift. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet gift! Now it's to be hoped his parents let him use it and love it. I have had a hard time convincing our kids to allow our grandies to love on things because they seem to want to keep them pristine. Took awhile, but I think they've finally gotten the message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks so much. I think my nephew and his wife will let him use it. They appreciate my gifts (I made quilts for my nephew when he was younger, and I still see them around the house when I visit.) It's nice that they value your creations, though, too. It's a hard balance to use and still care for, right? I can always make more. lol
      Happy Friday!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty quilt! I’m sure it will be well loved. Is there a maple fudge recipe you use? We tried sorghum fudge at a fair and loved it enough to try to make some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Btw this Andrea, Bolt’s mom. I’m still visiting everyday!

      Delete
    2. Hi Andrea!
      So wonderful to hear from you from time to time. I'm sharing the easy peasy fudge recipe on Friday's blog post. I've never had sorghum fudge, but I'd love to try it! Now to find a recipe.
      Hugs to you and dear Bolt!
      xoxo
      Donna and Tag

      Delete
  5. Sherry of createology: This sweet quilt is Snugglerific! I have a lady friend who is 60+ and she still has her blankie she cuddles and fidgets with. I think that is very sweet. I have my mouse collection that is my youngest childhood obsession. Warm bread from the oven with Amish butter…YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thank you, sweet friend. I still have my first teddy bear, but my blankies are long gone. I think they were loved to shreds. lol I think a mouse collection would be wonderful! Amish butter? YUM! is right! I'll be making more of my own butter soon. It sure is getting pricey! sigh
      Happy Friday!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna