November 19, 2022

Red & White Quilt Show...


Diana and I drove to the Primitive Gatherings' Red & White Quilt Show yesterday, and it was a phenomenal show! So many gorgeous quilts executed by talented artists around the country. There were a total of one hundred forty quilts on display.

The first quilt I saw was "Best of Show", created by my buddy, Kathy D. I can see why it was a judge's favorite. Kathy made this one from the first fabric cut, to the stellar machine quilting. I love it!


All the quilts are hung from rods and along the walls in the Gathering House. Kathy's sitting at the table, preparing kits for a cute counted thread Make & Take class she's teaching all weekend. Her pattern is available HERE.


There are so many beautiful quilts to see. How is one to choose a favorite? (Of course, the people who view all the quilts will be able to vote for Viewer's Choice during the show.) 


This is looking back at the front doors of the Gathering House. Everywhere you look there are more wonderful quilts!


Sewcial Sister, Lori is teaching "Fresh Stitched Trees" (available as a pattern or kit on the Primitive Gatherings website HERE).


Diana sat down to make a ceramic ornament with Lisa Bongean. Now she has a beautiful new trinket for her family tree. (I couldn't find a link to these on Primitive Gatherings' website. Sorry.)


This is the hallway leading to all the retreat "hotel" rooms. Each room has a quilt block that matches the block on the key fob for that room. The usual ones were all switched out for red and white ones for the show. I loved that! This hall was also lined with quilts for the show, and this is where I found mine hanging.


I'M EXCITED!!!

I have a blue ribbon to add to my collection of quilting awards. This one means a lot to me, as I dedicated this quilt to my dad. Thank you to the judges for choosing my piece. I'm so grateful.

After doing a little shopping (to get the free with purchase holiday patterns), Diana and I turned for home. She had a new ornament for her tree, and I had my new purchases...and a happy heart. It was a great day for both of us.

Congratulations to all the quilters who submitted their gorgeous works of heArt to the show. If it's possible to get to Larsen from where you live, it's well worth the trip. 

12 comments:

  1. Donna congratulations on a well deserved blue ribbon. Your quilt is gorgeous. So glad you left with a happy heart and a lovely memory of a fun time. Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie:
      Thanks so much, dear. It really was a lovely day. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Wow - the glimpses you've posted show the fact that it must have been an amazing show to see in person. And very big congratulations on your win (deservedly so!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      It really was a gorgeous show. All that red and white was impressive! Thanks so much, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Well done on your ribbon - well deserved! What a fabulous show it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Raewyn. So lovely to hear from you! The show was impressive.
      Best wishes,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. All those red quilts are so very pretty.
    Congrats on your blue ribbon!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks so much! I thoroughly enjoyed the show! Happy Thanksgiving!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. (I wish I knew how to type a "squeal" sound....) Very, very happy for you, but not at all surprised! (-; I imagine that your Dad would have been very proud! I can't even imagine being a judge for all those beautiful quilts...just love all that red and white!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      Thanks so much for making me giggle! You're so kind, dear. I think Dad would have loved this piece. It would have been impossible for me to pick "just one"!
      Happy Thanksgiving!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Of course you won a ribbon. None of us are surprised at all. It is a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. Dear Marrianne. You're so kind. Thanks so much, girlfriend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna