November 10, 2022

November Sewcial Sisters...


I love the time I spend with the Sewcial Sisters. They're all such talented women and I learn so much from them. 

Lori is an accomplished quilter, and I watched her hand quilt on her Everlasting quilt on Monday. She took the time to show me how to do it, and shared a few other pointers. I'm really inspired to work on a sample piece with the goal of getting good enough to hand quilt my own Everlasting quilt. 

During our monthly Show and Tell (or, as I call it Bring & Brag), she shared this lovely table mat she'd completed since our last gathering. I love how the colors just pop off the black ground fabric.


Kathy D. has been busy! She shared five or six finished quilts, but this one was one of my favorites. It's so colorful! Kathy has her own longarm quilting machine, so she always finishes her own pieces. Her machine quilting is so professional and beautiful. It really enhances (as it should) her precision piecing. 


Karen made this beautiful quilt and shared it with us on Monday. She's always shy and hides behind her quilts when the cameras come out. The colors make this piece subtly Christmas, but it's perfect as a year-round quilt, too. 


Darcy has been working on the multiple blocks of this quilt as a gift for her husband. She's completed most of the blocks - which I think she said she started in 2016 - and it getting really close to putting it all together. I had to get a photograph of this block, because of the sweet camper. I loved this quilt, and would love to create my own version. Note to self - Add this quilt to the list!


Before we left for the day, Lisa B's son brought Darcy's new sewing machine to her. It's a Ltd. Kaffe Fassett Bernina. Sorry I don't know the model number. The machine is decked out with the same decals as the colorful fabric shown on the protective cover. As you can see, she's in love with it. I have to admit, I was a bit taken with it, too. Lucky for me, they were all sold out of the Ltd. ed machine.

Our next meeting is December 1st. I'm planning to have a few pieces completed so I can brag, too. If I don't get them done, I'm perfectly happy to cheer on the accomplishments of my friends. They're the best!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time with fellow stitchers/sewers.
    The projects are all beautiful.
    I bet that machine is to die for!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am loving that "subtly Christmas quilt" - those colors just make me feel warm and Christmasy all over! Talented ladies and inspiring projects! How do you all do it all?!?! (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing all of these beautiful pieces. I have two quilts from the Iowa Amana Colonies which are hand quilted. I marvel at the tiny, precise stitching. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like lots of inspiration from all the ladies. I imagine there was lots of laughter going on too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna