November 16, 2022

Another Extended Birthday Surprise!...


A package arrived on Monday from my dear Vermont friend, Denise! I was so surprised to receive it, and even more surprised when I opened it.

Inside was another cookbook. This one is "Cooking from Quilt Country" by Marcia Adams. It's filled with lots of photographs of Amish and Mennonite kitchens and people. There are many basic, healthy recipes, too. Between the cookbook from Marrianne in New Zealand, and this cookbook from Denise, I'm going to have many new, tasty dishes created here in the farmhouse.

As if the book weren't enough, I also received this adorable Corgi candle, but there was an even more interesting thing about this particular candle...


As it burns down, it will reveal a solid .925 sterling silver treasure within the wax! I was tickled when I saw the candle, but this one contains an extra gift. How fun is that?

Thank you, dear Denise, from your grateful and spoiled friend in Wisconsin. I love both generous gifts, and can't wait to see what's hidden in the wax! 

Big hugs from my heart to yours,

9 comments:

  1. I have that cookbook!
    I used to watch Marcia's show every Saturday.
    That candle sure is unique, can't wait to see what it reveals.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      No kidding!?? That's awesome! I'm anxious to try a few of the recipes very soon. I'm also excited to see what the candle reveals.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Another great birthday surprise! I'm looking forward to see what might be revealed in that candle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Yes! I agree. I can't wait to see what's in the candle, either!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Great cookbook with photos of the simple life. How fun to have a gift revealed after burning the Corgi candle. Treasures from treasured friends. Lovely…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, dear Sherry:
      I love that about the cookbook, too. It's a really beautiful book, and then there are recipes! I'll be sure to share the candle contents as soon as I get to it!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Oh, wow. What a lovely gift. I'm looking forward to the extra surprise as well as the makings from the cookbook. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Marrianne:
      I'm one of the luckiest girls, for sure. A wonderful package of love from you, and then I'm blessed to receive a second from another dear friend. I consider both of you like sisters - we've been through so much together - and as yet, I've never been in the same room with either of you! How fortunate that I should find such beautiful women in my circle of friends. Thank you, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. I’m so sorry I am late to the “blog party”! Glad you like them both. Enjoy! Love from Vermont❣️
    And, yes an “in person” meeting is definitely in order!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna