November 28, 2022

Nearly Finished!...


I kept my hands busy this weekend, completing the knitting for the baby kimono. Just in time, too! I saw that the baby for whom I've been making this was born on Thanksgiving Day! My dear friend, Wendi is a grandma for the first time, and I'm so thrilled for her. Being a grandma is one of the greatest blessings I've been given.


Now that the knitting is complete - except for grafting the sleeves together - all I have to do is cut the lining and sew it in. I waited to join the sleeves so that I could measure, cut and assemble the softest flannel lining for it.

I'll do that today, and this piece will be finished and ready to wrap for the new parents. I'll take a few more photographs when it's all done to share with you, along with a picture of the beautiful, wee girl born to Danielle and Josh. Just past their first wedding anniversary, they are now parents. God is good.

7 comments:

  1. So sweet! The lining is a perfect complement to your knitting. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little sweater to bundle baby in love! As if being a parent weren't blessing enough, there can't possibly be a way to top being a grandparent! (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear Lois. I agree. I love being a grandma.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. OH wow - that lining is beautiful! Does that mean the little jacket is reversible? Lucky little one to be gifted with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my gosh, MA. I hadn't even thought of that, but I guess it could be. I'd better make sure all the seams look their best! Thanks for the idea!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna