November 2, 2022

One Day Baby Quilt...


I spent yesterday in the studio (yay!), and ended the day with a completed baby quilt. My great nephew and his fiance' are expecting a baby boy soon. The shower is this weekend, so I wanted to make something as a gift.

I'd purchased these sweet flannel fabrics on one of my shopping trips with Kathy D., saving them for a special occasion. I thought it would be just the thing for a little boy. I hope it ends up being used for a long, long time, becoming a favorite, well-loved "blankie".

I'll share a photograph of the full quilt tomorrow. I always prefer natural daylight for the best, most accurate image, but as I write this (at midnight) it's quilted and bound and ready to launder before I wrap it up. I'll also photograph the back. I added a twill tape with a quote from The Little Prince from Lillalotta on Etsy. There's a wee lesson to be taught in the words. More tomorrow. I'm going to pop this in the washer now, and then have a cuppa to start my day.

7 comments:

  1. It's too cute!
    Can't wait to see the other pics of it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks so much! More photos in my next post.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Such sweet fabric! Perfect for a wee baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. I added Resident Chef's granola recipe to the comments on your granola post (just in case you didn't notice it)

      Delete
    2. Hi MA:
      Thanks and THANKS! I can't wait to try RC's recipe!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Donna Dear you never cease to amaze me! Looks very cute and cozy. So glad you are healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thank you, my dear. I sure hope it's snuggle worthy. Glad I'm healing, too. I get tired quickly, but am getting better by the day.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna