November 17, 2022

Goodness From The Kitchen...


Yesterday, Di and I pulled up an online recipe for Homemade Hawaiian Sweet Rolls for our project. Neither of us had made them before, so we jumped in to make these for dinner. Our goal was to turn these into "funeral sandwiches", usually served in church basements by a group of ladies for the "after funeral meal". It was actually Diana's Birthday, so we joked about how we probably could have chosen different fare in light of her celebration, but we went with this anyway.

If you're interested in making your own, they aren't difficult at all. We got our recipe HERE. They were delicious, especially when filled with the usual ham and swiss cheese. The recipe for the sandwiches came from HERE.

We've been having fun in the kitchen, first making a tasty casserole we'd seen on Instagram that called for rotisserie chicken. Instead I used the turkey that came off the carcass when I made broth on Monday. It was delicious. We also made homemade macaroni and cheese using Emeril Lagasse's recipe HERE. Actually, my recipe called for shell pasta, but this is basically all the same ingredients. Sorry I didn't take photos for you. Too busy eating, I guess. lol

I'm not sure what we're going to do today. Di's managed to catch a cold this trip. Hearty chicken soup might be the best thing for what ails her. I can always make a nice batch of biscuits as a side dish. We'll have her feeling better in no time.

See you tomorrow.
    
   




 

4 comments:

  1. Those Rolls look delicious!
    I hope Di feels better soon.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum!! I can almost smell them from here.
    Hope your sister feels better soon and that you don't succumb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry of createology: Happy Birthday to Di. Healing Energy to zap that cold. These rolls look delicious! Warmth and comfort food from your Hickory Hill Farmhouse Kitchen…YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipes. Enjoy your time together which it certainly sounds like you are doing. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna