May 3, 2022

Tuesdays With Tag - It Was Just One Of Those Days...

Hi, Everybody!

Let's just start this week with a photo (unautographed) of my fabulous self.

Of course, there are two photo bombers behind me, but I admit they are cute. You may notice I'm a little frowsy in this image, but that was about to change over the next half hour or so.


Mom got a wild hair and decided it was time to tame mine. She saved all the fur she pulled off me in that bag, but when she was done, she put it in a special place on the flower fence so the birds could use it if they wanted to. I don't mind that she did it, but I wasn't thrilled to be under the brush to accomplish it.

I mean, I really like that devil-may-care look, and all this groomin' makes me look a whole lot tamer than I really am. See how she smiles as she puts me through this torture. Who can I call about this treatment?

As though bein' brushed and havin' my toenails pulled out weren't enough, then this happened! Turns out that Claudette loves gettin' brushed! While I couldn't get away from Mom and her tools of doom fast enough, the goofy cat slipped into my spot almost before Mom could lift me off the wall! 


She really got into the spa treatment Mom gave her. Crystal stayed up near the barn because Boo and the Kid were runnin' all over the yard while all the brushin' was goin' on. This one didn't care one bit. She would have let Mom brush her all afternoon.

When Mom was finished, Claudette jumped off the wall to follow Mom and me into the back yard. She must have been dizzy from her treatment, because she walked straight between Bella and Carly. They were runnin' circles around her while she arched her back and poofed out her newly-groomed fur. Don't worry. No cats or dogs were injured in the ensuin' playtime. 

Claudette held her ground, and the dogs ran back and forth. Mom sat down on the wall near the big pole barn, and finally Claudette just moseyed over behind her and flopped down in the grass. She wasn't in the least bit phased by all the nonsense.


Of course, Mom wanted to get a nice picture of Dad with the girls. This is the one I picked to show you. That's Dad in the middle (hee hee), Carly on the left side of the picture, and Bella on the right. I think it's a good way to remember this really nice spring day. Don't you?

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then... 

"Been There, Chewed That!"

3 comments:

  1. Oh Tag,
    Mom is so good to all of the animals.
    She would never torture you! :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wall is the perfect spot for a grooming session even though it doesn't make you happy. Just think of how cozy the birdies will be all tucked up in their nests lined with your fur - they will be thanking you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      I agree. Mom and Dad say it's so hard to get down to my level when I'm on the ground, so they love the wall for groomin' me. I'm not a fan of the toenail choppin', but it's kinda nice to be eye level with Mom when I'm gettin' brushed. Mom likes the idea of little birds cuddled up in my fur. I'm happy to contribute to the cause.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna