May 19, 2022

Desserts By Handsome...

Handsome surprised me by making dinner and dessert last night. We had a lovely meal of roast beef with carrots, mushrooms and onions in gravy, mashed potatoes, and spring peas. It was delicious. 

He also made a dessert of brownies, deciding they would be better with frosting. Man, was he right! He topped these brownies with a fabulous Caramel Frosting!!! It was soooo perfect and tasty that I figured you might like the recipe. So here you go. (I'll also link this in my Recipes page so you can find it again later if you need to.)

CARAMEL FROSTING   

                                • 1/2 c. (1 stick) of butter, room temperature

                                • 1 c. packed brown sugar

                                • 1/3 c. milk

                                • 3 c. confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)

                                • 1/2 t. vanilla extract

In saucepan, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and milk. Bring to boil over medium heat, and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to lukewarm. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat with mixer. If frosting is too thick, add a little milk to desired consistency.

It couldn't be easier, and it's well worth trying. Now to keep my nose out of the brownie pan!

See you tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. How nice of handsome to make you a delicious dinner!
    It sounds so good, thanks for the recipe.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      It was a wonderful treat to be surprised. He's the best. Hope you enjoy the frosting recipe.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Caramel! My favorite. How thoughtful of Handsome! I have a brownie recipe with a caramel layer. Next time I believe it will have your caramel frosting also. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie:
      It's sooooo good, but fair warning, it's really rich! You may need a nap after adding it to your recipe. ;-) (Not that that's a bad thing.)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, so much talent packed into one man! (-: What a blessing that he shares his talents with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      I completely agree, but I admit I'm more than a bit biased. He blesses me every day.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. sherry of createology. Handsome is quite the handy husband! Delicious dinner and dessert. I shall have to try the caramel frosting and eat it on graham crackers. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Don't I know it. Let me know what you think of the frosting. I think it would be luscious on graham crackers!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna