May 25, 2022

Oh, Give Me A Home...

They're only about five minutes from our home! I went to a friend's house to pick up mulch that she picked up from the local mushroom farm. She and her husband brought home a truckload, so she offered the extra to me. Now, all I have to do is clean out my flower beds so I can put it down!

On the way to her house, I pass this huge farmstead where they raise bison. They're such magnificent animals, and this time of year, there are babies in the field with the bigguns.


No, I didn't get out of my vehicle to get closer shots. Thank heaven for my iPhone's zoom feature. They all need a good brushing to shed their winter coats. I suspect, though, like the buffalo that used to roam the prairies of the United States, they'll shed naturally. I've read they're a bit too feisty to approach. I'm going to go with that.

I started work on the strawberry this afternoon, but I'm going to wait a bit to show you how it's coming. I'm still playing with layout and color choices. Perhaps tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. The pictures are so beautiful. Such beautiful farms here in WI.
    We live close to a farm that has Buffalo, so amazing.
    Have fun with the strawberry!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty cool sight! I'm with you though in wanting to stay in the car.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna