May 14, 2022

A Day At The Nursery...

Thanks to a generous gift certificate from Shelly and Andy, I got to take a fun trip to a local nursery. I went to Honeymoon Acres in Kiel with purchasing more herbs in mind. I did buy more lavender, bee balm, cilantro, and rosemary, but I also chose a new Shasta daisy, and even a couple of catnip plants for the Barn Girls.

I needed more potting soil, and then I chose this beautiful, pre-planted pot to put into my antique wash tubs. Handsome thinks we need a second one for the other tub. I'm all for it! We'll go back together soon, just so he can see how vast the nursery is. 

I get to play in the dirt today, and I'm looking forward to it. I'm planning new jellies and jams for the pantry over the summer. The rhubarb is already up, so I think there's a rhubarb custard pie in our future.

Have a great weekend. We've got lots planned, but will mostly hang close to home, so we can spend time with the pups. I do want to continue to keep an eye on Tag.

Thanks to all for your concern for my boy. We're both using leashes when we take him outside, and he seems to be better today. We just don't want to put him in a position to bolt again. You know we'll do our best for him. Thanks again.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers.
    My Rhubarb is flourishing now too, what to make, what to make. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun time at the nursery. Enjoy your playtime today. Love the tub/plant display. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie:
      Thanks so much. It was really fun. Handsome wants to take me back on Monday.
      squeeee!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I found myself thinking about Tag off and on all day yesterday. Having had a corgi as my first dog and eventually losing him to illness and age, I know something about how you must feel. You are a great dog mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mary:
      Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. He seems to be better today, but I'm still keeping him on a leash when we go out. I'm just going to err on the side of caution. Big hugs for your empathy. I truly appreciate it.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna