May 9, 2022

Fresh Flowers...

May I present to you my finished Goldwork Floral Wreath class piece. 

I promised to share a video showing how I stitched the leaves, but I hit the wall trying to do the recording yesterday. I decided I'd finish my class piece, and then show you how to stitch the leaves as a separate piece.

Now all I have to do is solve my recording problem (it's an operator issue...mine). As soon as I accomplish that, I'll be back to show you how the leaves are done.

For the moment, I'm going to celebrate completing this gorgeous design. Thanks to Clara Warschauer (@clarastitching) for offering this class, and for her skill in teaching the techniques. I feel much more comfortable moving forward with a few ideas I have for more goldwork embroideries.

Next I'll be finishing the embroidery on my "Everlasting" quilt top. What are you working on this week?

8 comments:

  1. It's stunningly beautiful.
    I am working on a cross stitch piece called Bluebird Out My Window by Brenda Gervais.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks, so much! I love Brenda's designs! Hope I get to see yours when it's finished. Enjoy your project.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Donna, This is truly a work of art. Looking forward to your video. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie:
      Thanks so much, dear. I'm still working on it. Soon, I promise!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology. Donna this piece is beyond stunning. Your stitching has always been perfection. This just adds to your prowess with the sparkle of pearl purl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thanks so much, dear! I took those last two leaves out three times! The metallic just wasn't cooperating. It's like that some days. I think it was worth it, though. I'm happy with my improvement in technique. (I'll likely do another clover some day to show the difference. Have a great week!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna