May 4, 2022

Back To My Project...

I've completed three stems now (of course, I've seen one gap I need to fill on the leaf), and I'm starting work on the fourth and final stem.

I'm waiting for an order from Amazon to get here, and then I've planned to do a recording of the stitch used on the leaves to share with you. I've ordered a stand that will both hold my cell phone (which I'll use for the video) and illuminate my embroidery as I work the stitch. I'm planning to do the video next Monday if my order comes on schedule. I'll let you know later in the week.

So, my plan is to get everything else done, leaving just the two leaves to work. As I stitch, I'm contemplating how I want to finish this piece. Do I want to mount it on a wooden box? Perhaps framed? Maybe I should put it into a wonderful framed hoop assembly I've recently discovered? I'll keep thinking on that while I'm working. Do you have any thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. It's turning out so beautiful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn:
      I hope you're enjoying my progress posts. I wish I could adequately capture the sparkle. Pictures really don't do it justice. Enjoy the nicer weather, my friend.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. It's looking amazing Donna. I think, if I had such a thing, I would want to frame it, simply to keep the dust at bay as much as possible. But then again....it would look amazing atop a beautiful wooden box. Yes, I'm glad I'm not the one having to decide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I'm leaning toward a shadow box to protect the work. Living in an old house in farm country really kicks up the dust. ;-) Thanks for your thoughts. It helps.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna