March 4, 2021

No Holds Barred...

Brynwood Needleworks - Fabric Studio
 
When you can't walk around anymore because there's too much stuff on the floor, something has to give. I spent the entire day in the fabric studio, cleaning, putting things into a donation box, and preparing items for my online shop. It was awful in this room, and I couldn't stand it anymore.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Fabric Studio

I would have preferred to be stitching all day long, but I want to spend some time setting up more wool applique's soon, so I had to just bite down on the bullet and clean from floor to work table.
 
Believe me. When I began, it looked like a crafter's bomb had gone off in there. I feel much better, and all the hard stuff is done. Now, I have room to pull more fabrics to sell in my shop, select my next project, and just play!
 
Just to explain if you haven't seen my space before - The pattern file under the cutting table holds all my wools and kits. I have shelves on each end, and on the back side of the same table. To the right is my antique map chest, where I keep my packaging materials, and some prepared wallet fabrics. On top of it are DMC cabinets (from when I had my shop), filled with Valdani, #12 Sulky and other threads.
 
Off the back corner of my cutting table (next to my dress form), is a huge, antique crock that my grandpa used for making pickles. It's now filled with tall and short rolls of cork fabric. Soon, I'll be making more bags, totes and wallets for my shop. For now, everything is reorganized and ready when I am.

Today, I have another therapy session, so I won't be doing anything until I get back home mid-afternoon. No worries, though. When I'm ready, my studio will be, too. sigh I feel so much better!

DonnaAcornSignature

7 comments:

  1. Beautifully done!
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your studio is beautiful!
    It looks so neat & organized.
    Love all of the fabric.
    Hope therapy helps!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks so much. It's much more fun to go in there when it's tidy.
      I hope this new therapy works, too. So far, not so well, but I remain optimistic.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Wow. I wouldn't know what to do with all that fabric! I moved my sewing room back in December, and it's stayed pretty clean and organized since then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fabric studio and all of its contents are a dream come true. Pure Pleasure Room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful sewing room! It almost looks like a corner of a fabric store. Would love to see all of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna