March 1, 2021

First Four Finished...

Brynwood Needleworks - PG "Dragonfly Dreams" Blocks 1-4 
 
These are the first four blocks of the latest Primitive Gatherings Wool Box project. This will have more blocks that will eventually become a quilt. 
 
They arrived in what was supposed to be my last subscription box, as I intended to let someone else have my spot. When I saw them and knew they were the first of more to come, I immediately jumped back into the program. I can't wait to see what the rest of the blocks look like, and I'm looking forward to stitching all of them.

For now, my stitching is up to date with these blocks, and I'll make it my plan to stitch future blocks as soon as they arrive, so I don't get behind on this project.

Brynwood Needleworks - 75 yard roll Heat n Bond Feather Lite Fusible

There's another thing I'd like to share today. I've been going through a lot of fusible bond with my wool projects, and up until now, I'd swear by a product called Soft Fuse™. I like that it is really lightweight, and it doesn't gum up my needles when I stitch through it.

When I was at Lisa Bongean's home for Sit & Stitch, she shared nice-sized pieces of this Heat n Bond Feather Lite™, and after trying it, I'm a convert. I went online and found that I could purchase it (at a reasonable price) from Walmart (online only), so I ordered it.

Brynwood Needleworks - Package Info Heat n Bond Feather Lite Fusible

The price couldn't have been better. At $104.58 a box (with free shipping) this averages out to $1.40/yard. If you use fusible for your applique' - especially wool applique' - you know you go through a lot of fusible. I snagged a box to sit on my cutting table, and I won't have to worry about running out for a while. I thought you might like to know about the savings, too.

I've started working on the 2018 "A Penny Gathering" blocks now. I'll show you how I'm coming after tomorrow. Tag can't wait to update you on Bella and Carly and how out pack is doing now that the puppy has returned. I'll see you Wednesday!

DonnaAcornSignature

12 comments:

  1. All 4 blocks are so pretty.
    This is going to be a gorgeous quilt!
    Can't wait for Tag's update. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks! I can't wait to see the upcoming blocks. I'm in love with this design!
      Tag can't wait to share!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Your first four blocks are amazing and I'm so glad you opted to continue on. They're going to make a spectacular quilt - there's no doubt. Thank you for the info re the Heat n Bond lite and that it's available from Walmart online. I have a small roll that is dwindling fast so I might just invest in a larger quantity. I just wonder if the 'glue' would disintegrate over time if it wasn't used quickly enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Hmmmm I don't know about that. I'm hoping not, as I'll use it, but not sure how fast. I think it might help to keep it in a closet when not in use so it isn't affected by heat and air conditioning (which we don't have).

      I'm in love with this design. Lisa sucked me right back to the Wool Box subscription with these blocks! lol Can't wait to see more!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. Ah, but I think this is a good sucked back in!!!

      Delete
  3. I love your wor, it is going to be very nice when you finish all of them.
    Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine:
      Thanks so much, hon. I'm looking forward to the next, and the next, and the next. ;-) I appreciate your note.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Out online already, but thanks for the update. Love the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb:
      Rats! I hope you can get some soon. It's a great price (not much more than wholesale, actually. I checked!)
      Thanks for your note.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Your first four blocks are simply stunning. The colors and stitching are gorgeous. Thank you for the heads up on Heat N Bond Feather Lite. March is here and Spring is near.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thanks so much! I just love these colors. It's a design that will appeal to men and women. I was thinking about the upcoming warmer weather recently. I have lots to do before then so I can enjoy the outdoors this summer. It's too short to miss a single moment. We'll take what we can. Thanks for the note, sweets.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Such pretty blocks! I'm glad you've decided to continue. I received my prize package earlier this week. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna