March 13, 2021

The Next Step...

Brynwood Needleworks - Cutting "Cottage Garden" Pieces

I'm working on the next step of the process toward creating my own "Cottage Garden" quilt. (If you're just checking in, this is a design from Primitive Gatherings, which is an exclusive to the Wool Box. It will eventually be available to non-subscribers in the coming months.)

I pulled out one of my segmented organizers to separate the pieces, and I've already begun to cut them out. I work on this process for a few hours at a time, and pretty soon I'll be ready to set up the components on the ground fabric in anticipation of a little needle dancing. 

See the blocks of little circles in one of the top compartments? I'm going to see if I have a hole punch that might work. There are multiple sets of 30 circles in each of those blocks! Wish me luck that the punch works, because I'll really be "going around in circles" if I have to individually cut them.

I might just decide to play outside the studio this weekend, but when I'm in the house, you can figure I'll be sitting with scissors in hand. Good times.

Daylight Savings Time - Stock Image

PS - Don't forget to reset your clocks tonight!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. I hope the hole punch works for you, circles are hard to cut & take time.
    Be careful with those scissors!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      lol. I promise I've learned my "scissors lesson"! I hope the punch works, too. There must be at least 150 of those little things.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Coming out of post cataract surgery to leave a quick comment....if you have a hole punch and it's not working, try ironing freezer paper onto the fabric - it might give it enough stability for the punch to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear MA:
      I hope your surgery went well. Handsome swears by his!
      Thanks for the tip about the freezer paper. I have stabilizer (paper still attached) fused to the wool already, but I don't think a layer of freezer paper would hurt. I'll try it both ways.
      Heal well, my friend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Wow. Organized and ready. If a paper punch doesn’t work, maybe a Japanese screw punch (Martha Stewart had a white one for sale at Michaels a while back) or a leather punch. Good Luck Dear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I've got a couple different screw punches. I'll see if the sizes match up and give it a go. Thanks for the reminder!
      Big hugs,
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna